Translate

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Little things

 

IMG_1777

We have been very lazy since we arrived in Mazatlan.  Eric finally uncovered Big Red and went for  a ride.  He rode into El Quelite but had to turn around before going into town as the road is under construction and there is lots of dirt.  No good for a motorcycle.

IMG_1794

I caught a picture of Dennis looking up into the sky.  What was he looking at?IMG_1795

Ah….his helicopter.  IMG_1796

I asked him if it had a camera so he could spy but he said “No…that costs even more money.”

  

IMG_1791

This is the vegetable truck that comes through the park Monday, Wednesday and Friday….and sometimes not….and sometimes on Saturday.   Ah Mexico!IMG_1792

I like to buy my fresh buns, and bits of fruit and vegetables from “Guimo.”   Not sure of the spelling.IMG_1569

I might buy a beautiful avocado.

IMG_1793

This is shrimp guy and today I bought a kilo of medium size unshelled.  180 pesos or about $14.40 and that will do us for 3-4 days.  Probably a bit cheaper at the shrimp lady but this is convenient for me and many people buy from him.  I also order fresh fish and he brings that as well.

IMG_1797

  I shell them. IMG_1798

A nice bag of fresh shrimp.  IMG_1743

Then a stir fry of vegetables and shrimp with avocado for supper.  Fresh and delicious.

We are beer drinkers.  Eric likes Pacifico with a touch of lime and I drink Pacifico lite.

IMG_1836

The cans need to be crushed and the last few years it has involved Eric’s big boot and …..

IMG_1833

….my foot!

IMG_1830

One…

IMG_1831

Two…

IMG_1834

….Three.  The end result was good but it was a lot of stomping.  So….

IMG_1502

The new guy on the block!

IMG_1504

The finished product and below the bag of cans.

IMG_1835

Eric felt sorry for me and bought me a present.  A $4 can crusher from Princess Auto and he mounted it in the garage of our rig.  It works great and the cans are all crushed and in a bag for Genardo the park worker.  Good for him and good for us.  It irritates the hell out me when I look in our garbage barrels and see loose cans that Genardo has to dig around and fish out of the garbage.  Sometimes they are right in the garbage bags….Yuck!

IMG_1839

On a cloudy day you get a beautiful sunset.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason we are not getting shrimp deliveries this year :( so as a result we aren't eating much except when we go out the odd time. We all save the cans for our park worker also. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete