Translate

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bocce …..Day 2 and Happy Birthday Joy.

Before I get into Bocce I would like to wish my youngest sister….Joy a happy birthday today.  I am the oldest of four sisters and she is the youngest.  We are now just three as we lost our sister Elisa back in April. 

IMG_0860

Joy on the left, me, Elisa’s oldest daughter Carlie and our second sister Anne.

IMG_1713

Bocce started at 1pm and Marion and I played Ed and Sandy.  They were newish to Bocce but that isn’t always a disadvantage.  Beginner’s luck can prevail.   IMG_1714

That’s Jeannette our organizer first on the left and then the spectators including the dogs,  Bosco and Sprocket.  IMG_1715

Ed and Sandy played well but in the end Marion and I won.  IMG_1716

On the opposing court Hal and Helene played Dick and Val.  IMG_1717

Val delivers.  Dick and Val are the winners. IMG_1718

As I was playing Connie was taking pictures for me….can you tell she got a pedicure today!IMG_1719

Frank and Sandi play Regina and Gunter.  IMG_1720

  Frank throws.

IMG_1728

Frank and Sandi are good players but….they got slaughtered….15 to one!  Ouch!

IMG_1722

Hal and Helene are out so….they watch as do Anita and Val. IMG_1723Marion and I are now playing Dick and Val and what the heck….how come we only have one point ?

IMG_1725

Val delivers.IMG_1726

Marion throws.  At one point in the game we had surged ahead and only needed two points to win.  Then….they caught up and won….15 to 13.  An evenly matched game.   Sudden death and Marion and I are out. 

 IMG_1729

Tomorrow  Bill & Eddie will play Sam and Rita at 1:30pm.  Dick and Val will play Regina and Gunter and then …..well you can read….you can see what’s going on.  The aim of all this is to win the trophy pictured above, which by the way is about 2 inches tall!   Funny!

IMG_1730

I love Helene’s bird planter.

The day is now over and I am tired.  I didn’t even walk this morning as we had to go get water, groceries and beer before lunch and my Bocce game.   Huge activity for people like us who don’t have hobbies and only work around our place at home. 

1 comment: