Translate

Saturday, December 13, 2014

A day in Las Jaibas.

 

IMG_1663 IMG_1664

Bocce is going to start on Monday and Juan “aka…Bill!”  is raking the court. 

IMG_1670  Yes you will be tortured with Bocce pictures next week!  There are quite a few people who had to stay home this year due to health problems with their spouses so they count on me to keep them in the loop!  Right Bets!IMG_1665

I wandered over to Frank and Sandi’s rig and there was a crocheting circle happening.  Sandi on the left is helping Marilyn and Diane crochet.  IMG_1666

Diane is crocheting for a baby.  IMG_1667

Marilyn is a talented seamstress and knitter but the crocheting is frustrating her.  I told her it was perfectly permissible to throw it on the ground and jump on it.  I can’t crochet and knitting isn’t my forte either.  Eric however was taught to knit and crochet by his grandmother.  In later years when we raised sheep he became a talented spinner.  He then had to knit his own heavy socks because he said he’d get pretty cold feet waiting for me to knit him some.  IMG_1668

The gals at Frank and Sandi’s rig.  That’s Marion watching….she can crochet too!  In my defense back in the 70’s I macraméd collars for my dairy goats so I don’t completely lack talent!IMG_1669

Frank is a carver.

  IMG_1671

I decided to go for a walk on the beach with my camera and on the way out I caught a picture of our new park worker, Raphael painting.  See that smile….it is always on his face.  He speaks good English and is always happy, busy and just glad to be here.  Eric says it probably beats picking chili’s!IMG_1672

Lots of rain this summer, and lots of damage caused by it after the hurricanes but the cacti look happy.

 IMG_1673 IMG_1674

Don’t walk on the sidewalk to the beach….you don’t want a coconut on your head!IMG_1675

You can see where the wall is destroyed in front of Torres condominiums.  Farther up the beach walls are missing and a huge new swimming pool was severely damaged.  More on that later. IMG_1676

I set my camera on the wall and …..there I am!

IMG_1677

The ocean was flat as glass with some pretty good waves coming in and besides that the water is still warm.  IMG_1678

Looking north towards the Riu.  IMG_1680

A wedding on the right and …..IMG_1681

a wedding on the left.  With the battle of the bands.   Could get rough!IMG_1682

The horses are waiting for customers in front of the Riu Hotel.  I wonder if the horse wants to get going….or is he happy to rest.  Who knows.  All well fed and cared for. IMG_1683

At the north end of the beach is the Bruja beach where there is some surfing.  This girl is learning how to paddle board. IMG_1684

Waves rolling in. IMG_1685

A boogie board ride. IMG_1686

I see this guy walking the beach and always carrying a bag….he picks up the plastic that litters the beach.  Some from the locals on the beach and some from the boats.  What can I say….they just don’t get it. IMG_1687

Heading south.IMG_1688

The pelicans skimming the waves and flying in formation.  IMG_1689

The swell is down so the waves are great for Eric’s body surfing and we have been in the water most days since we got here a week ago. 

 IMG_1690

This is the end of the day and Eric would like you to know that he hasn’t been lazy all day.  He put up this hook on the outside of the rig to hang up the broom.  What did you men do today?  Tomorrow he is threatening to clean the sink strainers but….he may have to think about it for a couple of days. 

We are getting relaxed and into the groove. 

1 comment:

  1. Lots of damage here from the storms. Our patio was under 2 feet of sand and I lost most of my flowers

    ReplyDelete