Translate

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Ladies lunch at Lucky B’s

Ten of us met up front this morning at 11:30 and this amount was an okay load for a red truck with nine in the back and Sandi sitting up front.  15 pesos each to the Golden zone and we were delivered to the front of the restaurant.  Three more ladies met us there. 

Today’s choice for lunch was Lucky B’s and it was a good one.  There was 13 of us for lunch and Sandi had made a reservation so they were ready for us.

IMG_4990

IMG_4991

I had just stood up to take a picture of the group and a nice lady said ….. “Here let me do it and then you can be in the picture”  thanks!

IMG_4989

The menus have been passed out and drink orders taken.  The manager of this restaurant is really on the ball.  A huge amount of hustle and organization from him and his staff.  The drinks came out in minutes and orders were taken for the food.  That’s him on the right at the back. 

IMG_4993

This sweet little fellow is one of the many jewelry sellers.  He appears to be about five years old and is good at melting gringo gramma’s hearts!  I didn’t buy anything but gave him 10 pesos ….see what I mean.

IMG_4994

The gratis appetizer here today is guacamole and chips and it was generous and good.   And now for the food……

IMG_4995

I ordered an appetizer portion of fish and chips and the fish was mahi mahi or dorado.  Just right for lunch and very tasty.

IMG_4996

Bev had nachos.

IMG_4997

Valerie had the Lucky B’s chicken with chips.  I had this two years ago with the rice and veggies and it is my favorite.

IMG_4998

Grilled dorado and chips.

IMG_4999

Chicken caesar salad.

IMG_5000

I think this is Jeri’s seafood salad.

IMG_5002

Lucky B’s chicken with rice and veggies….yum yum.  I might have to go back and have that for lunch one day.

IMG_5004

Fish….I think.

The consensus on the food was that it was very, very good and it came out quick.

IMG_5005

IMG_5006

Out front is the Lucky B’s Harley and Blazer. 

So…how did we rate this restaurant?  Thumbs up, 10 out of 10 for service, value and food.  A good choice and I’d eat there any day of the week. 

At this point we all split up with some of us doing different things.  Bets, Connie, Kathy, Anita and me the other Kathy head off down the street to browse the shops.  Most of us looked and a couple of us bought…not me.  We stopped at Panama so I could get fresh buns for lunch but they didn’t have any.  Kind of odd for a bakery don’t you think?   The next thing on my agenda after a lightish lunch was ice cream at the Dairy Queen.  I haven’t had ice cream in ages and I had a real craving.  A waffle cone edged in chocolate and filled with soft ice cream….delicious! 

IMG_5007

Everyone joined in except Bets who doesn’t eat dessert so….I made her take the picture!

It was a really enjoyable lunch with friends and it was especially nice since it has cooled down and we weren’t all melting. 

Off home on the bus and another lunch day is done.

IMG_5008

Another late day bird picture taken from a distance.  My book shows it as possibly a Vermillion flycatcher but I think it is too small to be one as they are supposed to be 5-6 inches and this little guy is very tiny.  Maybe 5-6 inches from tip of beak to tip of tail but I couldn’t get close.    Any other ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Would hate to see the regular size fish, as your appetizer plate was huge. You will be happy to know we probably have a foot of snow on the ground. Joy

    ReplyDelete