Translate

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Bocce–first tournament of the season.

 

Those of you who have read my blog in previous years will remember the endless Bocce posts….well here they are again.  This time we played a two day sudden death tournament so it was over pretty quick.  Day one is friday and we started at 9am. 

IMG_5034

I arrived shortly after 9am and the games had already started.

IMG_5035

That’s Helene with her hands in the air so I’m guessing she wasn’t happy with her shot.  She and Hal are playing Doug and Kathy while Bob & Renee are playing Rocky and Nancy behind her.  Our courts are just the roadway down one side of the park and they are covered with grass tufts, rocks and all sorts of debris.  They have been raked as smooth as possible but the balls continuously hit something and veer one way or the other. 

IMG_5037

Doug and Kathy contemplated their strategy. 

IMG_5038

Marion and I are partners and we are playing Dick and Val.   Marion’s husband Fred didn’t want to play and neither did Eric (no surprise there!) so we are a couple.  Marion is lots of fun.

IMG_5039

Richard is our ref for this game.

IMG_5044

That’s me trying to decide where to put the ball….usually it doesn’t go where I aim it!  I haven’t played for two years….not that it makes any difference.

IMG_5045

Marion shoots.

IMG_5046

We won our first game and will have to play again tomorrow. 

IMG_5047

The warm temperatures have returned and everyone including Rocky and Nancy are looking for shade.

IMG_5049

Rocky and Nancy play John and Anita.

IMG_5050

Doug and Kathy won their game and are now playing Richard and Carol.

IMG_5053

Richard and Carol win.

IMG_5057

It is Saturday morning at 9am and Marion and I are playing Sandy and Eddy.  That’s Sandy shooting.  Frank and Sandy are getting ready to play on the other court.

IMG_5059

Jeri, John, Bob and Renee are watching.

IMG_5060

Bill and Jeannette have beaten Frank and Sandi and move on to the final games.   Eddy gets ready to shoot on our court.

Marion and I did win our game against Eddy and Sandy but…then we had to play Bill and Jeannette and guess what happened….we lost.  Oh well we did win two games and we had fun. 

IMG_5063

Dick refs.

IMG_5064

Did I mention that Jeannette and Bill beat Frank and Sandi.  Bill and Jeannette are very good at Bocce so this is no surprize!

IMG_5070

Championship game and Bill and Jeannette play Carol and Richard. 

IMG_5071

I think Sandi and I are measuring while both teams wait the decision as to which ball is closer to the pea. 

IMG_5072

It was a good game and ……Bill and Jeannette are the champs!

IMG_5052

While we were playing someone spied an iguana in one of the trees…pretty well disguised wouldn’t you say.

IMG_5055

Eric and I could hear some yelling and we saw the Mexican workers up on the cell tower.  Needless to say our cell service is good!

IMG_5056

This is a favorite roost for the buzzards and I’m guessing it’s covered in bird crap…..yuck! 

So a good day and the afternoon was spent at the beach.  Eric did go in for a swim and I joined him but it was way too rough for me.  A real sideways pull in the currant and impossible not to get sent down the beach.  I got tossed around a little getting out and I ended up with sand in places I won’t mention!   The water is cooler and it has been quite rough with a big swell for a while so not so good for swimming….at least not for me.  Still it’s just lovely to sit and look at the sea.   A good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment