Translate

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The first few days!

 

We arrived as you know last week on Thursday afternoon and have been busy ever since.  The house and patios are always dirty and it takes some time to get everything in order.  Having a maid in here ahead of time wouldn't help much as so much outside stuff is stored inside.  It's something I prefer to do myself anyway.  The cupboards needed to be wiped out so I could load them with all the food I brought.  Some things I can't get here and some things because the are "gringo" products that are much cheaper at home.  All the patios have been given a first wash and the inside has mostly been vacuumed and washed.  My tubs of stuff from home have been emptied out and it looks a bit more like our winter home.

Saturday and Sunday we got some light showers which cooled things down a bit for awhile but...upped the humidity!  I did my first big grocery shop on Sunday morning when the roads and stores are quieter.  I noticed an increase in prices last year and even more this year.  As I've said for us it really doesn't matter but for the Mexican people it is a real hardship.  

We had happy hour at Marilyn/Dennis's with Frank/Sandi last night and was so nice to see everyone...lots of laughs!

Eric's brother Ian and wife Linda have been here two weeks and have been sick since they got here.  Landed with sore throats and respiratory issues and the ate out and got food poisoning.  Linda spent 4 hours in the hospital being rehydrated and left with antibiotics as well.  Neither of them are up to snuff yet.

Today Sandi, Marilyn, Ruth and I will play cards. Next week maybe bingo and ladies lunch.  It may cool off a degree or two at the end of next week.  It's the high overnight lows and humidity that are the issue.  In a month or so I'll be wearing a sweat jacket and complaining it's too cold🤣

3 comments:

  1. glad you are getting settled, always a chore. how do you like the construction next ti Lass Jaibas, have you seen Rafa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Kathy! Glad that you arrived safely and found things the way you left the except for the inevitable dust. Had a light snow fall this morning but um glad it stopped and there’s only beautiful newly snowed mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one is parked against the south fence and not many in the park. The palapa is not usable and the pool is only open Sat aft and Sunday. I saw Rafael briefly this afternoon.

      Delete