Translate

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hot and windy in San Carlos.

Tuesday March 16, 2010

Yesterday was the Monday holiday before Benito Juarez day on March 21st.  We did some reading about him in the Mazatlan paper and he is a really interesting man.  I won't go into any history but if you are interested just google him.  San Carlos was fairly busy yesterday and it was a lazy day for us.  Once again the alley way filled up with people heading north this morning.  When we got up after a hot, windy restless night they were all gone.  It's getting pretty empty in here.  Fred and Marion from Las Jaibas headed home to Saskatchewan this morning as they are leaving for a trip to Africa at the end of the month.  Busy people!  The music playing bongo drummer has gone back to Kaslo as well so we get a quiet night tonight.  Yeah! 

Eric rode the Harley around Guaymas yesterday and I collected rocks on the beach and they are starting to become a sickness!  Just one more, like chocolates. 

Today we must do the last of our shopping, laundry and pack up the little bit of stuff that we unloaded here.  I did a big chicken barbecue last night because you can't take raw chicken over the border.  Today I'll hardboil and peel my eggs and throw out anything that can't go with me.  No pork of any kind.    Since we will only go to Santa Ana tomorrow we don't have to leave smoking early.  We could make it all the way to Ajo, but, we don't want to as we are not in a big hurry.

It is really hot today.  I managed to get my three loads of wash done after fighting with the machines in the park.  Some of them need to go to the dump!  I hung everything out and it was dry in no time flat.  We made a trip downtown and picked up  some fresh bread at Tony's, water, beer, had lunch at Ernie's (good local Mexican fare) and then got a few nice glasses at Sagitaria.  It irritates me to shop at Tony's vegetable stand because he doesn't post prices and I know I'm being overcharged after shopping in Mazatlan.  The Anglos here don't seem to care but I do.  I got two rolls of toilet paper at Rosa's and it was 10 pesos a roll.  No wonder they are so stingy with it here.  Oh well, at least they had some.  Home for a last walk on the beach and some last minute clean-up.  Ready to rock!

Wednesday March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's day to our son-in-law Jeff in Pittsburgh.  He's an Irishman.  It is 7:45 and I thought I'd do a last quick post before we leave.  We'll stop at Edgar's in Santa Ana and then on to Ajo tomorrow.  There won't be any internet at Edgar's so I'll post when we get to Ajo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment