Translate

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We Won!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Okay, so I don't usually watch hocky anymore since Eric hasn't watched it in years.  However this morning Jack invited us over for the big Gold Medal match between Canada and the U.S.   We were going to take a ride to Concordia today but decided to wait a day since the " BIG GAME WAS ON"  Eric and I  dug out our Canada flags, hats,  and t-shirts and headed over to join in .


So, how dopey does this bunch look?
I'm trying to dodge the flag attached to Eric's hat!



Another of Connie's great collages, what a goofy bunch!

Eric and I along with Betsy and Boomer were the Canadians, although Rick did make a showing.  Now you have to understand that most of the Americans don't really understand OUR game.  So, how many quarters are there?  etc., etc.  The Americans here are all great but Boomer said he had done "Hockey 101 and went to watch the game in his rig!   I must point out that there has been no flag waving from anyone in the park at any point so this was an exception.  Well we all know what happened next "  WE WON!"  Yeah!  Lots of good natured fun.  The Americans in this park are just great, really good sports.

I did hop the bus today and take a look at the tents with the stuff from Guadalajara but didn't find anything that make me take out my wallet.  I'll look again another day.

Tomorrow Frank and Sandi will head out in the Jeep with Eric and I on the Harley for a trip to Concordia.   Frank said he'd like to see the tile factory up that way so we'll see how we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment