Translate

Friday, February 17, 2023

A quick trip to Dimas for lunch and..it was cold!

 Eric and I hadn't been out on a ride for a couple of weeks due to ongoing house repairs which are under control at the moment!  Yesterday we decided to " Get out of Dodge" and go somewhere.  We didn't feel like anything big so Eric suggested lunch in Estacion Dimas which is one of our favorite rides as the free road is quiet and so is the restaurant.  We left around 10 am and it was chilly.  We both layered up but we could have used a couple more layers!  I could have put on my heated jacket but I thought that was a bit wimpy of me so I didn't.  We are still using the detour through Marmol as the El Quelite bridge isn't open yet.  I didn't take any pictures of the highway because I just did that a couple of weeks ago.  

As you can see Eric still has his jacket on in Dimas!  We were both a bit chilled and needed some warm food. 

We'd ordered " pescado relleno" or stuffed fish and the rice and salad came out first. 

We've eaten this on other occasions and it's always good.  Piping hot fish on the bottom covered in octopus, shrimp, tomatos and red onion.  Just delicious.  Too much for me but...I ate it anyway.  Soup for supper!

Lots of hot corn tortillas on the side.  In the villages you are always served corn tortillas which I don't like but Eric does.  Too much food and I didn't need tortillas anyway!

The local mooch pooch came over looking hopeful but she didn't get anything from us.  She was well fed and just sat politely staring at us which didn't work.  She got tired of that and went and chewed on a plant instead😄.  She didn't look like she'd had puppies so maybe she is a lucky one that has been spayed.  

I like to sit and people watch in Dimas.  It's a well kept clean little village with an abundance of small motorcycles.  School kids, workers, families, mothers with babies, old people and everyone in between rides a motorcycle here. We have been coming here for over 10 years and have watched the family of the restaurant grow up.  The baby is now in school and there are new little ones.  Everyone looks after the little ones and it's really nice to see.  We smile and they smile.  Always nice to visit here. 

We were on our way home just after 1pm after paying the very reasonable bill.  160 pesos each for lunch and one drink which we split.  A good sized tip and the total was 400 pesos.  We got home just after 3pm and it wasn't any warmer on the way home.  The wind has been really cold lately and the overnight lows down to 12 or 13 C so it doesn't warm up much in the day.  I know, I know it's not snow but it is Mazatlan not Canada.  Another good ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment