Translate

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Seven Dreams for Ladies Lunch


We were a small group for lunch on Friday and we didn't have far to travel to get to the Seven Dreams restaurant.  Ruth and Diane arrived by car while Anita, Pat and I traveled by bus.  We sat in the front part of the restaurant by the window.  I was looking toward the entrance and who did I spy coming in...Fred and Marion.  What a sneak she is!  She and Fred always arrive unannounced and today it was even Marion's birthday.  What a laugh we all had when they walked in.  They had left home at 3am to fly to Mazatlan and here they were.  Now that's dedication to Ladies Lunch if I ever saw it!
 Anita and Marion catching up.
 Now that's a smile I know and love!  Marion and I were always lunch buddies for Ladies Lunch.  Pina Coladas together.
 Marion and Fred are visiting for four weeks so we'll all get a chance to see them while they are here.
 They are both hungry and ordered the steak tacos.
 I ordered Tuna Mazatlana which came on a rice pilaf topped with imperial shrimp.  Tuna is always my go to meal but today I was disappointed.  Usually served very rare this was cooked medium and was a bit chewy.  I might guess it had been frozen.  I left half of the tuna but Diane thought it was tasty (which it was ) and took it home.  Later she sent me a note on Facebook remembering our tuna lunch at Water's Edge in the past when the tuna was well cooked but very tender and delicious.  It can be done that way, but not this time at this restaurant. 
 This is Ruth's lunch and I'm not sure what it actually is.  She said it was good but not something she would order again.
 Diane had shrimp fettucine that she said was delicious.
 Anita was surprised when her mushroom dish turned out to be a soup.  She said it was tasty but again not what she would order again. 
 Pat, Marion and Fred had steak tacos.  As you can see everything is very artfully presented.  The service was excellent and the staff very helpful but....I don't think the food lived up to its arty look.  Just my opinion but the same type of upscale meals at Casa Country, Agatha and El Presidio were in my opinion much better.  Upscale in pricing as well. 
Fred and Marion outside the restaurant.  We had a delightful lunch with the addition of these two and we'll see more of them over the next few weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. It all looks really tasty! But based on the pictures, I would vote for the shrimp fettuccini!

    ReplyDelete