Translate

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

There has been a cold going around and now I’ve got it!

The last cold I had I caught from a girl sitting next to me on a plane going to Pittsburgh in 2015. She coughed the whole way!  There have been a  few colds in the park and now I guess it’s my turn.  Yuck.  Really haven’t been feeling well since Saturday and I’ve got a scratchy throat, irritating cough, headache and plugged sinuses along with no energy at all.  I haven’t walked since Friday because I’m just too tired. Hope it doesn’t last much longer and I sure hope Eric doesn’t get the “dreaded man cold!”

Here are some pictures of this and that from around the park over the past few days. 

IMG_20171128_095338593

Frank sent me this picture of a good sized, colorful iguana over by his site.  It lives in the bushes in what used to be the old Escondido RV park next Frank and Sandi.    

IMG_8234

Eric finally let Big Red out of his cage the other day and took him for a run!

IMG_8235

As soon as the weather cools down a bit and I’m not sick we’ll go for a ride.

IMG_8276

We had a light out on the post that you can see on the left and as soon as Eric mentioned it to Raphael he came back and changed it.   While he was here with the ladder he picked a couple of the mamey sapote fruits from the tree.

IMG_8283

Raphael gave me two but I told him he should keep one.  It is hard as a rock and will take some time to ripen.  I don’t mind one or two but they have an odd taste kind of like a brown sugar cantelope so they aren’t something I would eat every day. 

IMG_8277

Eric had taken our little smart phone over to the Kiosko to have the phone plan renewed but he didn’t have the right phone number written down.  Raphael pointed out that Eric’s note was missing some numbers.  Eric corrected the note and now we have our phone activated for another 33 days.  200 pesos $14 Canadian and we have unlimited texting and phone calls anywhere in North America and 1G of data.  Beats Canada all to hell! 

IMG_8278

The gentle black giant the carpenter bee (Abeja carpintero) is busy on the vine covering the fence behind us. 

IMG_8279

This is a regular, but still large sized bee.

IMG_8281

This monster covers the whole flower!  They just bumble along sipping nectar.

Yesterday afternoon when we were heading over to the beach we met Gunther and Regina.  They are two of our “German friends”  who used to stay in the park.   They live in Kelowna and are on their way south by car to stay in a condo in Rincon de Guayabitos.  Regina says she misses her 5th wheel but not pulling it!   They are such pleasant people and they always stop to stay hi to old friends in the park. 

 [P1060183%255B3%255D.jpg]

Gunter, Regina and their good friends Max and Ursula from Germany. 

[P1060185%255B2%255D.jpg]

The last trip home for Gunter and Regina’s truck and RV. 

All very pleasant people!

IMG_8284

Nice evening sky last night.

3 comments:

  1. Where are you friends staying in Guayabitos? We are in Parasio de Pescador RV Park - it is lovely here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually know but they do watch the blog and would likely see your post. Gunther and Regina are in a condo and Max and Ursula are not with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy when you have some free time can you email me the details of your phone plan. Telcel???

    ReplyDelete