Translate

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Lunch at La Corriente and lots of construction on the Malecon

Today we are off to La Corriente on the beach for lunch.

IMG_8238

Everyone heads out for the bus.

IMG_8239

Jeannette, Pam and Sandi decide to sit up back where they’ll get a really bumpy ride. 

IMG_8240

Robyn decided I needed to be in a picture so ….here I am. 

IMG_8242

The window of the bus is filthy but I decided to take a few pictures anyway.  Looking north.

IMG_8243

More new  construction.

IMG_8244

Over the bridge and looking north to the marina.

IMG_8245

Cathy and Robyn have a chat.

IMG_8246

Through the Golden Zone and onto the malecon at Valentino’s where the construction starts.  This is the first time I’ve been down this way since we arrived.  The ocean side of the malecon is all dug up and we are two lanes on the northbound side.

IMG_8247

They appear to be repairing and or replacing a lot of the sea wall as well as all of the pavement and sidewalks.  I did read they are adding a bike lane and doing away with parking….who knows I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.  There is also a huge amount of contruction downtown.

IMG_8248

Lots of concrete going in.

IMG_8249

They are even managing to work around the many statues on the beach such as the California sea lions. 

IMG_8250

There is no road access to the seaside restaurants that are trapped in the construction zone.  You could walk up the beach to get to them but I’ll bet they are really hurting.

IMG_8251

We got off the bus just north of La Corriente which is across from the old Hotel Decima.  The construcion zone has just ended.

IMG_8252

Up the street to the restaurant which is down below to the right.

IMG_8253

Looking north and many people are already in the water.

IMG_8254

Our destination.

              20171129_122055

We are ten today so ….two tables of five.  Nancy took this picture on her cell phone and it’s a really nice one.

IMG_8255

Today I decided to have a pina colada and it was really good.  Not too much alcohol which is good in the middle of the day.  Marion and I used to have a pina colada together but she’s not here this winter and I miss her.  Actually there are many people that I miss (Betsy, Geri, Diane and Val….sigh!)

IMG_8256

Pat, Pam, Cathy, Janice and Anita sit together.

IMG_8257

Nancy, Jeannette, Robyn, Sandi and I are at the other table.  No point in jamming everyone together because you can’t talk to everyone anyway.

IMG_8258

And….the food arrives.  This is fish and chips with rice and it’s a huge portion. 

IMG_8259

Shrimp,rice,vegetables and french fries….wow that’s a lot of food.

IMG_8260

This is Pam’s extravaganza.  That is grilled tuna stuck in a huge amount of guacamole with chips.  She said it was good.

IMG_8261

Cathy had two different types of tacos.

IMG_8262

Let’s eat!

                 IMG_8263

Sandi had a shrimp cocktail which she shared with Robyn and then they shared Robyn’s lunch.  Good idea.

IMG_8264

Robyn and I both ordered red snapper which came guacamole and refried beans.  Again a huge portion.  I think I ordered this the last time I was here and it was good but I’d forgotten how salty the red snapper coating was.  Something I should have mentioned to them.  Still good.

IMG_8266

Jeannette had the shrimp plate.

IMG_8268

Ah….the mariachi band. 

IMG_8269

No gracias!   Way too loud while you are trying to eat lunch. 

IMG_8270

Everyone wanted to have a group picture taken and the waiter obliged. 

IMG_8272

Not to be left out this young man insisted on a picture with Sandi and she obliged. 

Another gringo guy came over to have his picture taken with Sandi and told her he was the mayor of Mazatlan.  She said right….“ I’m thinking the mayor of Mazatlan would be Mexican!”  I didn’t take a picture!

IMG_8273

We were waiting for the bus but ended up taking an auriga or red truck home.  The price was similar and it’s nice to ride out in the open.  Once again lots of construction on the way back. 

IMG_8274

Looking north.   The traffic was really busy on the way back and everyone was honking their horns….like that helps!  Sandi just kept giving them the Queen’s wave and smiling. 

It was a nice outing and La Corriente is always a good choice for food and atmosphere. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey your hair is getting long! Are you taking over for Eric in the hair department!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! I have a haircut appt. On Dec 12th. I waited a bit so I could get a pedi at the same time. Sisters are so pushy, especially younger ones!

    ReplyDelete