Translate

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Time for a haircut and pedicure at Gaby’s Beauty Shop

I was off to catch the bus to the Golden Zone at 8:30 this morning.  I am still fighting the cold (10 days now) and am still quite tired.   P.S. Eric did get the dreaded “man cold” so he will be sick over the next week!  Remember men are always get way sicker than women!!

                   IMG_0107

Looking back through the trees to the park while I wait for a bus.  I took today’s pictures on our little Iphone 4s.

IMG_20171212_092234562

While I was getting my hair and feet done Frank came in for an appointment.  He snuck a picture of me and then emailed it to me later.  I do admit I look pretty tired here.   Rosie is cutting my hair and one of the girls is cleaning up my feet.  Cost for today was 200 pesos.  I gave each of them a 50 peso tip so the it was about 300 pesos or $21 Canadian all told.  Pretty cheap by any standard.

                    IMG_0108

When Rosie was finished cutting my hair I moved so Frank could get his cut and my pedicure could be finished.  I took some pictures of him and emailed them to him later.  We both thought we were sneaky!  You can see a baby on the right in one of the ladies arms.  The baby is one of Rosie’s daughter,  Gaby’s three month old twins.  Gaby is working in the shop and all the young women are happy to play Auntie to the little girl and boy.  They have another room where the babies can go to sleep and have quiet time and I think Gaby’s mother-in-law helps out as well.  

               IMG_0110

This is Juany’s niece folding tin foil.  It’s used when they d0 highlights.  You can see in the picture of me the women next to me was getting foils. 

                IMG_0111

Frank is all handsomed up for the Christmas season!

Frank is a carver and he brought a small hand carved figurine of a young girl praying and gave it to Rosie.   Too bad I didn’t get a picture.

I should once again mention what a humanitarian Rosie is. She is heavily involved in giving back to her community.   She got a helping hand many years ago and she has never forgotten.  At this time of the year the many gringos that patronize her shop are raising money and bringing in donated goods to help her out.  These donations are given to the poor in the colonias.  A lovely lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment