Translate

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Getting a Haircut and Pedicure at Gabby’s is fun!

Here in Mexico it is cheap, easy and fun to get a haircut, manicure, pedicure or massage.  Lots of the ladies in this park go to Gabby’s ….Rosie’s shop in Plaza Bonita. 

P1060292  P1060293

I have blogged Gabby’s before but I like everyone to know how nice they all are and what a good job they do.P1060294

When I came in I snapped a quick picture.  The lady on the left having a pedicure asked it I took pictures of everywhere I went.  I then explained the Blog!  She is from Seattle and I gave her the name of the blog so she could see herself on line.  The first young Mexican senorita is Favia who did my feet.

P1060295

That’s Leticia doing “streaks.” She cut my hair last time, just three days before she had her baby. They do everything here that we have done at home, just as well and much more economically.  P1060296

I shot into the sun trying to get a picture of Rogalio, Rosie’s husband.  He is a great cook, mans the desk making appointments and helps out where ever he is needed.  A really nice man.P1060298

Favia is prettying up my feet and Rosie is cutting my hair.

P1060300   Don’t those tootsies look cute all painted up!

P1060299

Men get pedicures too and once they have had one ….they always come back.P1060302

Rosie is moving her hairdressing shop farther back in Plaza Bonita.  The rent up on the street has become more than she can afford so she is moving the hairdressing and pedicure/manicures into the area where she has been doing massages.  The massage room will be new and more “tranquillo” and will be located just ahead of Chili Pepper’s restaurant.

P1060301   That’s Rogalio working his magic in the new massage room.

P1060306

This is the book that I bought there last year and it has stories of the ladies that work there as well as….P1060307

Rosie who is the bright light in all of this.  A wonderful lady and a great hairdresser.  See you in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment