Translate

Monday, January 24, 2011

Bead rings and an update on Jack.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

First off I would like to report that after our park friends Pat and Jack made it home to Carson City they then travelled to Reno for further medical attention for Jack.  Jack had surgery yesterday and is doing fine so far.  We will await further updates and wish them both well.  Good news!

Okay, I must confess I actually went to make bead jewelry today.  Pat has gone up to the Cerritos RV park a few times to a little class put on by Glenda and last Saturday she took Sandi with her.  Today Sandi was going with Betty and I joined in for something to do.  I am  not much of a jewelry person but I thought I’d give it a try.  In the end it was fun.  It kind of reminds me of the seventies when I used to do macramé.  In those days there was macramé everything.  I put if to a useful purpose and made goat collars!  They were expensive to buy and Eric got the the nylon twine free from work and it was indestructible.  Thanks B.C. Tel!  I macramed a collar onto a buckle, dyed it and then heated up a hot nail to put a hole in it for the buckle prong (nylon twine.)   I may not have mentioned but to those of you who don’t know me well I raised dairy goats for almost 30 years.  They are smart, sociable interesting creatures and I like them better than a lot of people.  I’m not sure what that says about me, but, you figure it out!

Today I made a glitzy dinner ring.  I probably will never wear it but I can give it to a daughter or grand daughter.  I would like to go back and make an ankle bracelet and okay…maybe another ring or two to give for presents.  They are actually quite pretty.  Eric doesn’t think so, but he’s a man and what does he know.  What is going on……I’m going to bead classes, what’s that about. 

Tomorrow we will take a ride with Sam and Rita up to Concordia for lunch.  Frank and Sandi will join us.  Hope the day is warm.  We’d like to get another ride in with Sam and Rita before we leave next Sunday on our journey south.  Pat and Jack were supposed to travel south with us as far as La Penita but of course that is not happening now.  Next time. 

1 comment: