Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sad News.

On the morning of April 11, 2014 my sister Elisa passed away in Kelowna, B.C.  She would have been 57 in November.  I received this news from my sister Joy while I was preparing for Mom’s celebration of life at Brian and Fran’s.  Although Elisa had been in declining health for many years the news was a huge shock.  She had fallen the night before and suffered a head injury that ended her life.  She was surrounded by family.. my sister Anne, her daughter Adrian and Elisa’s husband Ralph. 

Sister Joy was in Palm Springs on vacation and I was in Vancouver and we would all have to deal with this as best we could.  I decided that I would have to put this horrible news aside and not have the Tycho family informed until the next day.  Brian and Fran knew and also sister in law Kathryn but I would have to carry on as this was Mom’s day.  To say that the day was hard for me would be an understatement. 

Elisa’s life was colored by her addiction to alcohol and cigarettes and in the end they ended her life.  She was a funny, smart, kind, compassionate and the best sister, wife, mother and friend that she could be under the circumstances.  I had always hoped that she could beat her addictions but that was not to be and in the end we lost her.

Her passing leaves a huge hole in my heart but I hope she finds the peace in death that she could not find in life.

I have always and will always love you Elisa.

2 comments:

  1. Extending our sympathy to both Eric and you in the loss of you loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister. She chose her path in life but was fortunate to have you as a loving sister.

    ReplyDelete