Translate

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

The elbow three weeks ago and now.!


               The original splint.
                   Today's selfies.

 So how am I doing with the elbow?  All things considered pretty good for an old lady three weeks after surgery.  The stitches were removed 1 week ago and today I started physio.  Lots of pain and swelling to this point but I'm determined to get full function if at all possible.

I saw Dr. Patino this morning for a physio evaluation and after reviewing my x-rays his comment was "that was a really bad break and can't believe how well you've healed!"  He said Dr. Mojarro did an excellent job surgically. I've been working on mobility and natural movement and it gets a bit better every day.

Today I had a 1/2 hour physio appt using rubber bands and then Tens and ultrasound. I'll go 4 times a week for the next three weeks and then continue at home.  Physio will work on the whole arm, not just the elbow.

I must admit I feel much more positive and things should continue to get better.

Luckily this happened in a larger city with excellent facilities and care.




7 comments:

  1. You are in good health and have a good diet which has helped you in your healing. Little old ladies who have a will to do things are awesome. Wonder how I know that?😊😊😊. Continue to heal well, stay safe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad things are coming along so well. be a good girl and don't make the mistake of thinking you can do any thing and every thing. take care. Bill and Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that this entire episode is turning out positive. Physio is key as you well know. We had a fellow in our RV park have spinal surgery early March and then had his knee done three weeks later. All the same hospital and doctors. They do good work. HE had the sen physio fellow come out to the Isla that I used in early 2020

    ReplyDelete