Translate

Friday, March 18, 2022

The trip..part two!





 

 Yesterday Frank took Eric and I back to see Dr. Mojarro at the Marina Mazatlan Hospital for my one week check up.  Dr. Mojarro removed the splint and cotton batten and left the bandage over the elbow intact.  I asked what next and he said no cast, just wear the sling and start gentle movement of the hand and arm.  He bent the elbow to make sure it was moving and that's all till next week when he will remove the  stitches and refer me for physio.   Was I surprised..you bet!  As the elbow is pinned no need for a cast and the sooner it is moved the better.  He was pleased and so was I.  Really sore but it's sure good to be rid of the giant splint. I asked how much for the appointment and he said..nothing..you've paid enough!  A good surgeon and a nice guy!




On  good note I went to Torres bingo up the street with the ladies and I won 2800 pesos..a split pot. All in all..a good day!


5 comments:

  1. Good news Kathy! Yes, they want you to get these repaired joints moving as soon as possible and that method seems to work (at least it did with Norma's hip repairs). Be careful of straining it and this means Eric must continue with his cooking! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only sous chef and making his marlin tacos for lunch!

      Delete
  2. Boy that was quick for no cast. Just remember to be careful.Good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do but after a week in the heavy splint cast it's easy to see how quickly we lose muscle and mobility..especially in an elbow.

      Delete
  3. Poco a poco. Great news re no cast but do be ever so careful not to jar your elbow. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete