Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A couple of days in Playa de Cortez

 

P1060628IMG_0218

Monday was a grey day, cold and windy and guess what we did….nothing.  I did the blog, Eric did his weights and then we just loafed.

IMG_0219

By the evening it all cleared off but it was still cold and windy.  About 4:45 Doug and Cathy from Las Jaibas rolled in.  They’d left Mazatlan early…6ish I would guess and they made it the whole way.  They are super nice people.  Next year Cathy tells me they are going to try a winter in a condo but it won’t be far from the park so I’ll get see Cathy at Ladies Lunch.  They will be out tomorrow morning and heading for the border. 

P1060631

Tuesday was a better day and we had a few things to do.  Fuel up the truck, get a few grocieries and have lunch in San Carlos.    We took the ocean road to San Carlos and here we are going through Miramar.

P1060632

The Dolphin centre and subdivision next to it. 

P1060633

San Carlos marina.

P1060634

Pretty windy today so I guess most sail boats aren’t out.

We had lunch at Hammerhead’s in the marina and Eric had his first hamburger since we were here in November.  I had a burger too and it was delicious…and huge and I couldn’t finish it!  Always good food at this restaurant. 

We tried to find Eric a flat of Pacifico Clara in cans but there is none to be found in Sonora.  The beer guy in Guaymas said they haven’t been able to get it for a year.  However we did find a beer outlet in San Carlos that had it in bottles but he couldn’t sell it to us until the Monday after Semana Santa because of the glass!  So…next year we need to bring more beer for Eric.  The Pacifico lite that I drink is everywhere…all very strange. 

P1060636

Coming back to Miramar and the beautiful bay.

P1060637

Really nice through here.

So that was Monday and Tuesday.    Yes I know there is a spot on these pictures.  This is my older Panasonic that I just had cleaned and there is still a spot…..sigh.  My Canon has scratches that can’t be polished out and now I have two perfectly good cameras that have spots and scratches.   Very frustrating as I am careful.  What to do, what to do. 

5 comments:

  1. Maybe a go pro camera. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contessa knows of a good camera repair guy in Mazatlan. Too late for this year but maybe next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Croft she has used him but her cameras have a lot of dust mostly because of taking photos on the back of the bike I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very very much for your detailed information on the two bypasses and the entire journey to date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Croft. I actually did have Ramon Urea clean my Panasonic but it isn't perfect. He said he couldn't polish out the scratches on the Canon or clean it because of it's 20 zoom lens. I have looked on the net and it would appear that all cameras have dust that may or may not affect the pictures. The sensor apparently attracts dust. I may just try attaching the vacuum to it and try to suck some of the dust out. Saw it on the net and what do I have to lose!

    Thanks Contessa I do try my best to make my travel posts accurate and even read them to Eric so he can make suggestions in case I get something wrong.

    Joy I need something portable not mounted so I can aim at what I want. Nothing is ever perfect I guess.

    ReplyDelete