Translate

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Happy Birthday Eddie!

Thursday is Bingo night…..have I mentioned how much I hate Bingo!  Oh well, the company is good and usually so is the food. 

Anyway I was unaware that Thursday was Eddie’s birthday so I didn’t bring my camera to Bingo.  The following pictures are courtesy of Connie and Ruth.

Ruth had arranged a card,cake, flowers and “lovely crowns” for us to wear in honor of Eddie’s birthday.  

Eddie

I told Eddie her crown was lovely and she offered to give it to me….no gracias!

Eddie2

Don’t we all look lovely….!

 Eddie3

Val looks quite stunning.

image

Yes…I am a party pooper and wouldn’t wear it on my head but if you look closely it is around my neck.  Good enough. 

Eddie4

The birthday cake was as delicious as it looks.   Nice job Ruth!

Bingo was okay tonight and maybe because I actually daubed enough numbers to win.  Marilyn and I both called “Bingo” so we split the black out pot which meant we each got about 330 pesos.  Not bad!

Dinner however was another matter.  I ordered a chicken sandwich and when it came they had forgotten the chicken.  The sandwich went back to the kitchen to be chickened up and then I ran into a hunk of slimy chicken skin amongst the lettuce.   Yuck!  So no more chicken sandwiches for me. 

All in all a good evening.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm the cake looks great - but now I'm just thinking about the chicken! Yuck is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never worn a hat. Can't stand them. Not even a baseball cap. So now you know another party pooper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! I am forced to wear a big sunhat on the beach as the "temporal arteritis" that I had can possibly be activated by a lot of sun on my head. Luckily I can't see myself!

      Delete