Translate

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A trip downtown to Centro

 

Today Betty, Jeannette, Jeri and I hopped the green bus to head downtown on a shopping trip.  Everyone had a mission and mine was Carnival T-shirts.  The grand daughters like them for schlepping around in so they are a good present.

 P1050831

Off the bus and heading down the street.

P1050832

We wandered in and out of stores looking at this and that.  A little nail polish in one store, some crazy pants in another and then on to the fabric store.

 P1050833

Every time I go in I am overwhelmed by the colors.  Everything is bright, abundant and cheap.  How can you not like that!

P1050834

I just wish I still needed to sew.  What a rainbow of colors.  Our oldest grand daughter Holly is a dancer and just think of the costumes you could make with this material.  P1050835

This little sweetheart was standing on the fabric cutting table.  I, of course had a big Grandma grin on my face and her mother was delighted that I appreciated her beautiful little girl.  I asked permission to take her picture and when I was finished she told the little one to shake my hand….and she did!!!  Did I have tears in my eyes….you bet!   It is so nice to be able to smile at small children and have their parents want you to touch and appreciate them.  P1050836

Off down the street to the plazuela machedo to find lunch.  P1050837

One of the Carnival Statues in the plazuela.  P1050838

After lunch I had Jeri, Jeannette and Betty pose for a picture.

 P1050839 P1050840

One of the local jewelry salesmen stopped and said he’d take all our pictures.  We laughed and asked if he was going to rush off with the camera but he said” I have to work here….I can’t be doing that!”   Nice guy.

P1050841

This poor old bike was on the way back.  Well used…what is it….who knows?

P1050842

Beautiful old streets….that’s Jeri up ahead.

Walking back to the Plaza Machado to buy what was on the list.  P1050843

Everything is colorful in Mexico…even the vegetables.  Fresh, cheap and delicious.  This is just one of many vegetable stalls in the market.  You can buy everything from soup….to nuts in the market!!!

Our bags were full….we were tired and hot so back on the air conditioned green bus and home.  Another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment