Friday, February 25, 2011

Toooo Busy!

Friday Feb. 25, 2011

Sounds dumb but it’s true.  However, I do only have to do what I want to do so I have no one to blame but myself. 

Wednesday was the day of to get groceries and then home to bake deserts to take to the fish fry.  The baking took most of afternoon and then it was hardly even cool before it was time to dash over to John and Jeri’s for another great dinner.  As we did last time everyone contributed some food item, paid 50 pesos a couple and then chowed down.  Manny made his wonderful fries and John and Jeri deep fried dorado while Val heated tortillas up.  What a team!  It was even more delicious than last time and we were home by 6pm.  How retired is that!  In our defense it really cools off when the sun goes down and everyone goes inside so they don’t freeze. 

On Thursday I hopped on the bus with Hal to meet up with Helene and Rita who were down at Gaby’s having a pedicure.  We were all heading to the tattoo shop so I could get my first tattoo and the others were either checking tattoos out or as in Helene’s case getting one changed.  Rita and Helene weren’t ready when we got there  so Hal and I carried on but the tattoo shop wasn’t open yet so we  had time for coffee. 

When Sergio opened up at 11:30! we were ready to start.  He discussed my pattern with me and made a suggestion that I get my frogs done  horizontally but I a stuck with my climbing tree frog idea.  He made a stencil from my photocopy and we were ready to go.


Sergio has applied the stencil and we’re ready to start. 




One frog done and one to go!


I asked Sergioif he’d had anyone back out after he’d gotten started…he said, “not today!




P2240025 p2240028


All done!

I did not want any color, only black.  A very professional shop with an artist to do the tattoo so what else could I ask for.  The whole process took about 1 hour and looked great when he was done.  Now I just have to keep it clean and apply antibiotic ointment a couple of times a day.  It looks just the way I envisioned it  and I’m really happy with it.  Cost….800 pesos ….less than 70 dollars ….a bargain!  Now for the next one…..!

As Helene was having a vine tattooed around her last years tattoo Rita and I hopped the bus home.  I was back in time for the every Thursday 1pm hand and foot card game and my partner and I even one.  Done by 2:30 and back to the rig to cook my chili for the cook-off on Saturday.  That took about 2 1/2 hours and by this time I was ready for happy hour.  I popped over to Frank and Sandi’s for a beer and Frank wanted to see my “tramp stamp!”  Since we were only ladies sitting with him I suggested maybe he could start a band “Franki and the Tramps!”  Sandi was up for that since she has her own tambourine. 

This morning I went up to Pueblo Bonito the resort at the end of Cerritos to do some ceramic painting with Sandi, Jeri and Bunny.  Bunny is Dick’s sister and she is staying there so we could get through the gate to get in.  A beautiful resort with lots of tourists staying there.



Flamingo anyone!

We all picked something to paint that had already had a free hand pattern applied by one of the Mexicans and we were ready to start.  Well first we had to pay, then we could paint.  I picked a bowl with feet and got started painting with the watercolor paint.


Jeri and Sandi hard at work. 


This is my bowl painted and ready to fire!

When you are  done the Mexicans clean up any goofs, add there own paint ideas and then fire the new art objects!  They will all be ready to pick up tomorrow.  As Bunny is coming for the chili cook-off she will pick up our “objets de art” for us.  Thanks!


Dick’s sister Bunny, she was speedy and was all done and having her happy hour Bloody Mary’s before we even got done.  Good job!

Back home to make an appetizer for tonight’s park appetizer extravaganza that Betty organized and then bed!  Eric said he wasn’t coming as he really doesn’t like to eat dinner at 4:30 so I guess it’s K.D. for him! 

Tomorrow is the chili cook-off and it will run from 1pm to 3pm.  I don’t know how many people will show up but I hope my crock-pot of chili is enough.  Some people are making appetizers and serving tequila etc. to help them win.  Good luck to all…. I don’t care that much.  There will even be a beer and water tent so that should cheer people up.  It’s all for charity to donate to the orphanage so I hope we make lots of money.   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy and Eric. Sounds like you are having a great time. Don't be surprised if you see us in ol' Mexico next year. Our weather is still nothing to write home about. (altough I do) I have to stop complaining as yesterday I talked to Craig and Judy and it is still sitting around -11. Today we are heading into Palermo by train (thank God!!) The driving here is terrible. Ian has done a fantastic job.Tomorrow is our last day here and then we head to Paris. On another note, we got some bad news about my Mom. On Feb. 14 she was coming home from a friends house and took a wrong turn, got confused and the long and short of it is that she drove all night not knowing where she was. She ended up in Cherryville. Her car ran out of gas. Needless to say she is no longer driving. I didn't have a very good night last night thinking about her. She must have been so frightened. My one big worry about going away was that something would happen to one of our mothers. We got an e-mail from John and Heather and they had been to visit Doris. Physically she is fine but she asked Heather twice about her mother.I guess we're all going that way sooner or later. Anyway, Arrivederci for now. Talk to you soon. Take care