Translate

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A look at the front of the Totonaka Park.


A look up the beach toward Tetakawi



Our rig sitting next to the Swiss people
and the loud neighbour behind us!




Good Morning from San Carlos:



So yesterday was a cloudy day but still warm. Eric set off on his bicycle and I on foot looking for a haircut. I found an esteticia a.k.a. hairdresser with three young Mexican woman watching a Spanish soap opera! The hairdresser didn't speak English but the pedicure girls did. I explained I wanted it really short and one of the young woman couldn't understand why. I explained it is easier and that grey hair looks better short. The hairdresser got started and by the time she was finished it was really, really short. They were amazed at how much hair I had and they decided I looked like a pixie. A really old one I guess! I picked up vegetables on the way back and I would think that San Carlos being quite anglo is much more expensive both for the haircut and the vegetables than a smaller Mexican town. I had a late walk on the beach and when I got back we had new people moved in behind us. Seems a little strange since we were the only one in this row and they could have gone anywhere. It seems they are here for the winter and are living in a camper van with a pull behind storage trailer full of all their stuff and a big whiny dog. We had to get Joe the fellow who runs the park to clarify where we should all have our stuff. It seems he forgot to tell us that we should be close to the pad and our vehicle is to be on the other side of the pad. So, we have their outside propane campfire right under our bedroom window. Great! Another thing to keep track of, make sure you know exactly where your spot begins and ends. They already have their Christmas lights up! Eric thinks that is really dopey. They are both smokers so a lot of late night coughing. Today we will go into Guaymas and look at the trailer park there, try to find some fruit and then start emailing ahead so we have somewhere to go in Mazatlan. I'm not sure how full all the parks are this year but it seems many of them are quite small. There have been lots of rigs overnighting in the park and then moving on the next morning. I hope we can find places to stay down the road. Eric and I will bike down to the Marina and have a look around and since I haven't biked much it is good that it's quite quiet.






Well it's Tuesday afternoon and we have just scouted out the trailer park in Guaymas (Hotel Playa de Cortes Trailer Park). We came in on the ocean road through Miramar and found it that way. Lots of room and big spaces so it could be a place to stopover in the future. We picked up pesos at the Banemex and bought orange juice and fruit from a Mexican out of the back of his truck. Articulate with friends in the Okanagan and Sask. Loves Canadians and Americans not so much. We got bread at Ruth & Rudy's European bakery and it was very expensive but it is nice to have good bread. Bought a bunch of Pacifico at the beer store and it was expensive so we will have to scout out better places to buy down the road. We are cut off from the main road right now and must detour back to town and around to get out. They are digging up the flood destroyed bridge out front and who knows how long that will take to fix. The park is very empty and I'm sure it's not good for business. It's also hard to get to the beach as there is a wall and the good place to get down is past the dug up area. So that's all for today and we'll see what tomorrow brings.


1 comment:

  1. I have found beer to be cheapest at Mega or Soriana or even WalMart. If you are not hung up on a particular brand, there is usually something on sale. I prefer Pacifico myself but have been known to take advantage of a sale.

    ReplyDelete