Translate

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is coming

Monday December 21, 2009



After my morning walk Eric and I headed off to Soriana's for a little Christmas shopping. As I mentioned the park is buying gifts for the Salvation Army orphans. It made me feel better to actually be doing some shopping for children and in this case for kids who really need the presents. I had picked two children, a boy and a girl both 11 years old. I bought nice jeans, a shirt and t-shirt for the boy and jeans, a nice top, pyjamas and some hair scrunchees for the girl. Wrapped up the presents and now I'm done. I'll make a brocolli salad and plum cake for our dinner on Wednesday and have been asked to heat up one of the smoked turkeys that Felipe the owner bought for the dinner. It should be fun. It's pretty lonely without your family and grandchildren at Christmas but this is way better that sitting alone in the trailor last year in Mesa. It was raining and cold there and here it is 30C and sunny. Bueno!

No comments:

Post a Comment