Translate

Friday, January 12, 2024

Hector's Bistro for Ladies Lunch

Yesterday we were off to centro and Hector's Bistro for lunch.  This is one of our old favorites and we always enjoy ourselves. On other occasions our large group has been put into one of their large rooms where they served groups.  The problem with that is that we then can't get individual checks which is a pain. So, this time I made a reservation and so did Ruth. Smaller groups at smaller tables.  We started out with 11 but ended up with nine.  On the bus just before 11:30 am and yesterday we were speedy and arrived just after 12 for our 12:30 reservation...no problem. 

Diane, Georgia, Ruth and Cathy with Marion still to come. 

Liz and Marilyn with Susie still to come.  I forgot my cellphone and Marilyn kindly loaned me hers so I could take photos. 

Lots of artwork on the walls in the restaurant and most of it is for sale from local artists. 



A quick history of this restaurant.

The bar.
Marilyn and her sangria.  She's hard to get a good photo of...this is a good one!

I had a nojito or a virgin mojito.  Very tasty. 

Marion has arrived. 

My sandwich.  An " Arm drip beef sandwich" so called I would guess because it is soaked in beef dip and will...drip down your arm.  Too much bread for me so I ate what I could.  The salad has arugula in it which I don't get...too bitter for me. 

Another big smile from Marilyn and she had a very good ham sandwich. 

Susie ordered mussels which she shared with the other table as she can never manage a whole lunch. Sandi has a cold and couldn't come which is unfortunate as she really wanted mussels for lunch.

Liz loves salmon and she said this was perfectly cooked and delicious. 

Not a great photo!  Marion looking at her risotto with suspicion. 

Diane had risotto as well and Ruth is sampling. 

Georgia and Ruth shared and order of octopus and salad.  They were planning to have one of the decadent desserts served here but....that didn't happen. 

I missed a photo of Cathy but she had the ham sandwich as well.

I think Ruth likes what she is eating!

Georgia and Ruth.  
Next time I'll remember my phone so I can take more photos.  It was an enjoyable lunch here at Hector's but then.... it always is!



 







2 comments:

  1. I agree with your comment about arugula a few little pieces go a long way in a salad! It does “look” pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dressing didn't really compliment the salad either😁

      Delete