Translate

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Costa de Oro for ladies lunch and..it was so so.

Yesterday we were off to the Golden Zone once again for lunch. This time it was the restaurant in the Costa de Oro Hotel.   We have eaten here before and had a good experience..today not so much. On Tuesday I tried to make a reservation but was told it was not necessary as they weren't very busy. I did mention we were coming at noon.


Off the bus and heading down the street.

Christine is masked up and Sandi is getting her's on.

A beautiful venue immaculately kept.  Very restful.

Linda, Ruth,Marion and Diane had just arrived and chosen tables by the ocean..a good choice.  It took a very long time for service to get started and we were informed that lunch didn't start till 12:30 which didn't matter based on the time it took us to get a drink.
Sandi saying hi to Marion.

Looking north up the beach.

Diane just got here on Saturday from Montana, USA 

My sister in law Linda who arrived on Saturday as well..in from Kelowna, BC.

Pam looking my way.

Diane, Sue and Christine who has just joined the group.

The elusive photographer and blogger! That's  a sangria with a big glass of extra ice.

I thought this young women had the most gorgeous hair.  She was keeping an eye on her children in the water.

So..the food.  The menu was not very large or diverse and did not contain anything with shrimp.  Prices were moderate.  Above are enchiladas verde and suiza which were warmish instead of hot.

Sandi and Marilyn had burgers and said they were good.

A club house for Marilyn who arrived on Sunday from Alberta.

My lunch which turned out to be a puzzle to me.  I'd ordered tacos Dorado which I assumed had Dorado fish in them.  Turned out to be chicken and the tortillas were hard shell.  When I spoke to Sue she said she'd been fooled too and that Dorado in this case meant "golden" and it meant golden deep fried tortillas!  Who knew?  Dorado is also a golden fish. So..I dumped the chicken out and had a chicken salad!

Ruth's enchiladas...also barely warm.

Linda's tuna salad said 400grams of tuna and we assumed it would be fresh tuna..nope..it was canned..a disappointment.

Marion ordered a chicken filet with mushroom sauce which was very good.

My chicken salad.

So...service was very slow and about half of the lunchs were not warm enough.  Huge restaurant with very few people in it so service should have been quicker and it should have been a better dining experience.  At least the view was good.

Next week Angelina's kitchen in Centro..stay tuned!


4 comments:

  1. Yes, that view is excellent. Oh so sad for the one who ordered the Tuna salad. Any of the canned tuna I have tasted in Mexico is horrible. I rather like the hard fried shells for tacos but chicken salad is good, too! So glad to see your pretty face in a few photos lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only canned tuna I've found that's decent is Dolores which has a hard cellophane top..very good. Chicken salad is good if that's what you're expecting1😉

      Delete
  2. I believe that the restaurants here like at home have less staff due to Covid. Hope the drinks were good.

    ReplyDelete