Translate

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Ladies Lunch at the Quijote Inn

I wasn’t going to go for lunch today as I’d signed up for another Angelina’s restaurant cooking course.  Turns out the class is very full and there is another one I can attend on Saturday so I’ll do that instead.  So…off to the Golden Zone for another lunch in an old hotel restaurant. 

IMG_6210

Everyone’s waiting for the bus. 

IMG_6211

All aboard….that’s Ruth.

IMG_6212

This is an old bus but any one will do since we aren’t going far.

IMG_6214

Today is International Womens Day.  This sign says respect women and old people.  How about old woman people….that’s us!

IMG_6215

Here we are at the Quijote Inn.

IMG_6216

Another beautiful venue at the beach.  It’s cloudy and cool so we’ll eat inside where they are already set up for us.

IMG_6217

More sea fog.

IMG_6218

This building is obviously quite new and it is lovely. 

IMG_6219

We are all seated and the drink orders are being taken.  We were the only people having lunch so they were happy to see our big group. 

IMG_6221

Val got a laugh out of the menu as the Club Sandwich says Sandwish! 

IMG_6223

Sharen’s pretty green drink matches her scarf and my new pants!

IMG_6224

The fellow to the right is the maitre’d and was very informative.  He told us all about their specials and how they were prepared.  The tuna has some sort of seaweed coating with sesame seeds and he didn’t know what the english name was for “sesame seed.”  That of course lead to comments like “open sesame” and “ Sesame Street.”  Never a dull moment! 

IMG_6225

A lovely sandwish!

IMG_6226

Not sure what’s inside.

IMG_6227

Shrimp fettucine and boy did it smell delicious.  Apparently tasted good and the portion was huge. 

IMG_6228

A number of ladies ordered it including Bets.

IMG_6229

Yum!

IMG_6230

This is my tuna coated in seaweed and sesame seeds served on a bed of grilled peppers, onions and mushrooms with Mexican rice on the side.  It was tender and delicious and the salty coating was just perfect.  Everyone in the lunch group knows I will always order tuna if it is on the menu.  Cooked properly it is just delicious.  Jeri and Sharen ordered it too.

IMG_6231

That’s happy me eating my lunch.  I ate all of the tuna and veggies first and then a bit of the rice.  I didn’t want to miss a bite of the tuna!

IMG_6232

Marion had stuffed swordfish.   She said it was very tasty.

IMG_6233

Chicken perhaps.  I run around snapping pictures of everyone’s lunch and don’t always get the names right. 

IMG_6234

Everyone is eating except for Connie who came late.

IMG_6236

The waiter kindly took a picture of the group.

IMG_6238

Connie has her lunch which appears to be enchiladas.  I don’t think I have evey taken a picture of her when she didn’t close her eyes!

IMG_6239

Looks good.

IMG_6240

This is the outdoor part of the restaurant which would be nice if it wasn’t cold.  The sun has peeked out a bit but it is still chilly.

IMG_6241

I think the red flag is always up on the beach. 

IMG_6242

Potato vine at the bottom of a large tropical plant.

IMG_6243

Lunch is done and we are leaving. 

So…what did we think.  Lovely venue, excellent service and decent prices for very tasty, well prepared and presented food.  My tuna was 150 pesos (about $10.50 Canadian) so very good value.  It did take about an hour for the food to come but we were a large group and the meals were quite involved.  The maitre’d even put on an apron and went into the kitchen to help.  No complaints as we we had cocktails and good company. 

A thoroughly enjoyable lunch and it got a thumbs up.  A lovely place for lunch any day of the week.  Good choice.

1 comment:

  1. That large tropical plant is some type of fan palm. I have the same one growing in my garden here on the Isla. I planted it 6 years and not it is enormous.

    The bet shrimp fettuccine I have found in Mazatlan is at La Bohemia in the Plazuela Machado.

    ReplyDelete