Translate

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dolce Mami for lunch.

Today we were off to the Golden Zone for our ladies lunch.

IMG_2469

This is the restaurant of choice for today and as usual Ruth had made a reservation and we’d been shown a menu to preorder.  Eddie, Ruth’s designated helper had appeared at my door a few days ago with the menu so I could make a choice. IMG_2470

Connie is heading in. IMG_2471

The manageress had pulled some tables together for us so we could sit around the outside.  A nice idea. IMG_2472

Boy I hope I’m not too full from lunch.  I’d really like to try something in that case. IMG_2473

Lots of salads, Panini's and crepes. IMG_2474

Drink orders were taken (all nonalcoholic here) and I chose the Tamarandido one.  It is full of a delicious snow cone ice with tamarind.  The little bowl of red chili type sauce could be added if you wish.  I chose not to.  Many of the ladies had a green Chai tea that was icy like my drink.  They said it was delicious as well. IMG_2475

As we had preordered the lunch items came quickly.  I had chosen the green tuna salad and it was very good.  The tuna was very tasty.  I am really getting a taste for fresh tuna! IMG_2476

Eddie had the green shrimp salad.  Huge shrimp. IMG_2477 (2)

Me with my lunch. IMG_2477

The original uncropped picture with Connie trying to get out of the way.  Didn’t work!IMG_2478

Ruth’s salad.  IMG_2479

One of the tasty crepe lunch plates. IMG_2480

Valerie had a Panini as did Marion.  Good as well. IMG_2481

So….did I have room for dessert.  You bet.  I have a soft spot for cheesecake and this one had a crumble topping with apple on the bottom.  As delicious as it looks and not too sweet.

As far as I know everyone enjoyed their lunch.  The service was good and the manageress was very helpful.  She said Dolce Mami had been around for about ten years and started with just a bakery.  It has now expanded to a cafe as well and has three other locations. 

A very nice place to have lunch.

Oh….and there were a few bags of desert that went home for those of us that were too full to eat it there. 

IMG_2482

On the way home on the bus I spied one of the Carnival statues next to Panama.  Not a great photo but you can see it. 

A nice lunch out with friends.

1 comment:

  1. Never even knew this place existed. Glad you enjoyed it. Those Carnival statues are moving much further North.

    ReplyDelete