Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

We’ve been here a week!

The weather has cooled down considerably and the wind has picked up.  I wish Canada would keep it’s icy winds to itself….doesn’t it know we are down here to escape the cold!

I played a game of Hand of Foot on Sunday and didn’t win again.  Boo hoo and I did whine a little.

We are settled in our new spot in the park.  A different view for Eric. 

P1040998

More people at the front of the park than the back this year.  Why….perhaps the internet.  Mr.. Yagi works for us. 

P1040999

Looking towards the back of the park.

P1040997

Eric’s plantar fasciitis is much improved and these are the shoes that are helping.  They have a good arch support.

Eric finally gave up on our Jensen TV that came with the rig and is installing the new Samsung 32” one that we bought in Casa Grande before we left the states. 

P1040993

A big hole where the TV used to be. P1040996

The Samsung sitting in the hole on it’s stand.  P1040995

Dismantling the cabinet.

P1040994

A giant mess of wires. 

Not finished yet!

Yesterday (Monday) we were off to get water, groceries and beer. 

They do a really good job at the water shop when you have your jugs filled.  They sterilize each jug and instruct you to keep the jugs out of the sun so algae won’t grow.  Cost 9 pesos (about 76 cents) and Eric gives the guy 10 pesos. 

Eric went off to find parts for his TV installation while I got the groceries and beer at Soriana’s.  When it came time for me to pay and use my Visa there was a big “problemo.”  They did admit it was their fault but that meant I had to go to the interact machine and get pesos.  I prefer to use my Visa card and not carry pockets full of cash everywhere I go.  Plus I get air miles points on my card.  Frustrating. 

On our way home we stopped in at the new Wal Mart at our end of town.  Very nice and closer than Soriana’s.  I would prefer to give my money to Soriana’s but if my card won’t work there (it did last year except for an occasional time) I’ll go to Wal mart. 

Today Eric continues to work on the TV installation and I did three big loads of laundry….I’d been putting it off.  So if anyone wants to know what we do to occupy ourselves on a daily basis while we are away….there you have it.  Plus now that I’m feeling better I am listening to my Speed Spanish tapes when I walk in the morning.  That is give me “dolor de cabeza” headache but I am going to try to learn enough to make myself understood in a small way. 

Tomorrow I start Bocce and on Thursday it’s cards and then a trip to the Ballet in the evening.  It is the Nutcracker this year and it will be beautiful.  They dance in the Angela Peralta Theatre and it is a lovely theatre.  I went a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Busy, busy, busy! 

1 comment: