Translate

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Today was busy!

Now I should have had my camera with me today but I didn’t.  Next time. 

I usually walk early in the morning but today I had to be at Gabby’s for an early pedicure (9:00 am) and then a haircut so I was out on the street and onto the bus by 8:30 am.  It is always fun to go to Rosie’s shop as she and the ladies who work for her are fun and genuinely happy to see you.  I hadn’t had a pedicure since we left Mazatlan last March partly because it is expensive at home and partly because my feet spend the summer in gumboots in the garden.  I did a couple of minor clean ups and polish myself but not the best of jobs.  There were four of us in the pedicure room having our feet done and the talk was of the annual “posada” that Rosie and her husband Rogelio host for the neighborhood children in their Colonia.  They provide presents, hot chocolate, a piñata and Rogelio makes doughnuts….this year about 200.  Some of the women having their feet done had attended.  Rosie is very generous and shares what she has and a good time is had by all.  Her prices in the shop are more than reasonable ( I paid 230 pesos for a one hour pedicure and a haircut) and even with a 50 peso tip to Rosie and also to Rosa who did my pedicure it is only just over $26.  While she was cutting my hair Rosie asked where I stayed in Mazatlan and when I said Las Jaibas she said she’d been there on Sunday to pick up donated items from John and Jeri.  They bring many, many bags of donated items for the orphanage we support and also for other people.  Rosie also remarked that my face was not so round this year and asked if I was feeling better.  Nice to be remembered. 

After I was all prettied up it was time to get head home for lunch because I play Hand and Foot at 1pm with the ladies.  It was a really good game and Anita and I played Jeri and Val.  Anita hadn’t played this year but she remembered quick and played well and we were lucky to beat Jeri and Val who are very good, well seasoned players.  Okay there is a bit of skill along with picking up good cards. 

Eric has been helping Manny with some sound wiring issues over the past few days and it seems they have straightened out his problems.  He was trying to get some speakers to work and it was a mystery of wiring.  They also have the same Samsung Smart TV that we have so Connie was explaining a bit about how to run it to Eric.  You can get on the internet with it and do many other things.  Another huge learning curve!

Last night was bingo at the Last Drop up at Cerritos and it was fun as usual.  We have a couple drinks, eat and play three games of bingo.  The waiters know all the ladies who come and are ready with hugs to greet us.  Alejandro and a new waiter Ishmael looked after us.  The Last Drop has taken over running the bingo and it was Ishmael’s first night calling bingo…..and he did a great job.  We told him so and he was very pleased.  Betty (from Van. Island) and Eddy (from Fort St. John, B.C.) both won twice and they were delighted.  I won 500 pesos on a black out so I was up 200 pesos for the night after paying for bingo (50 pesos a game) a couple of cervezas and a giant hambergesa that I couldn’t finish.  It’s fun but I really have to concentrate so I don’t miss any numbers.

Home by 9pm and into bed shortly after.  It is very humid right now and it is supposed to rain tomorrow.  We’ll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment