Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Heading south tomorrow!

Saturday Nov. 2, 2013

It has been busy the last few days as try to get all our ducks in a row before we head south.   So….

Eric found shoes, not the color he wanted but they fit.

No new TV at this point.  Too hard to install one while on the road.  After seeing on line that there are numerous problems with these Jensen TV’s we emailed the company that distributes them.  They agree to send us a flash drive (to family in Yuma) and we’ll see if we can correct the software problems.

I had to spend two hours at the store where Eric had his shoe credit (they didn’t have anything he wanted) and try to use it up.  Fun if you are in the mood to buy shoes but hard work if you are not.  New runners and a half price pair of Teva sandals and I was done. 

Halloween was fun but there were only about 38 kids (less than last year) and so there will be candy left behind for Ian and Linda (better them than us!)  

I saw the rheumatologist yesterday and all is well at this point and I am still on the mend.  I am so tired and stressed as we shut down the house and start our travels south I can’t really tell how I feel so it was good to be reassured that my health is okay at this point.  I may try to reduce from 5mg. of prednisone to 4mg. while we are away but we’ll see how it goes.  Turns out all my aches and pains are not related to polymyalgia but just “old person” stuff.  Swell!   He suggested Tylenol arthritis for that so I bought some to take with me.  Good doctor and I’m lucky to have him. 

I got all my prescriptions filled (yahoo!) to the tune of $1000 but I will get most of it back from our extended medical and I did get that filled out and sent today. 

I had lunch with my niece Adrian and sister Anne yesterday before my appointment and then Ann ran me back into Kelowna so I could go to Costco.  I loaded up on the Weber Omega 3’s that we take and we are set for the winter. 

Today it was laundry and a few last minute things before we hit the highway tomorrow.  It doesn’t look great but no big warnings at this point.  We will move as fast or slow as the weather dictates but you can only do so much. 

I mentioned the rig is winterized (no water in the hot water tank, fresh water tank or lines and they were blown out by compressed air.)  The 12 volt DC water pump and filter have been filled with antifreeze  and we will put antifreeze in the tanks if need be.  We have jugs of water with us and will hook up to water in Boise, Idaho if it is warm enough.  Eric can blow out the lines again if we have to stay where it is really cold (Ely, Nevada.)  This rig is supposed to have an enclosed and heated underbelly but that is just a joke!  Besides that the pipes could freeze in the wall as well.  Better safe than sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the old age aches and pains. Ignore my "Young Chick" comment to you on my Blog, I guess you have arrived.

    With the TV, if the software fix does not work, ot will be very difficult to find one exactly the same size as the old one. You would be better off just buying a new one you like and re-framing the hole in the wall.

    Like Eric says, difficult to do on the road but a cabinet maker could be found in Mexico to do the job. It would be tough to go without a TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels. Great news on your health.

    ReplyDelete