Translate

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Still in Laughlin

I haven’t had much to say over the past couple of days (I know not like me at all!) but not too much has been going on.  Neither Eric or I have been feeling all that great since we got here.  Not sure if it is just left over fatigue from getting ready to go at home, driving, alternating high and low altitudes and now heat and wind or all of the above.  We also must remind ourselves to drink lots of water which we have not been doing.  Dehydration, even in a small way doesn’t do one any good.  Note to self…..drink water! 

We were both up early this morning 6:20 am PSTime as I was going for my walk and Eric decided to wash the other side of the rig before it got too hot.  It is windy and cloudy today but still warm.  I think we are both feeling a bit perkier today.  Eric has been struggling with plantar fasciitis in one foot and it is a misery.  He has been doing exercises for it and hopefully it will settle down at some point.  He really can’t walk anywhere right now because it just hurts too much.  It’s a good thing he likes to ride the bicycle and can get some exercise that way.  I am in agony for a few days when I start walking every day (no where to walk at home) but eventually it works itself out.  Use it, or lose it!  My joints are really sore as well…especially my shoulders so hopefully that is just the weather.  Okay….enough about health. 

I got over to the outlet mall yesterday and picked up a new bathing suit.  The sun and salt air destroys them so I like to buy a new one every year if I can find one.  I also found a lime press (we like lime in our Pacifico beer.)  I’d been using my garlic press but the acid from the lime ate the chrome finish off it. 

We will stay in Laughlin until Sunday morning and then spend the night in the desert in Quartzite.  Eric has made an appointment to have our axles aligned on Monday morning on our way into Yuma.

Hopefully we can take a ride up to Kingman today weather permitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment