Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Good blood tests

Wednesday May 1, 2013

I had my blood tests done on Monday and yesterday I went for my appointment with my rheumatologist Dr. Shojania in West bank.  Everything is good at this point.  The CRP which is the marker for temporal arteritis and polymyalgia rheumatica is still low and so is my ESR so all is well at this point.  I am thinking that all the hard work I did with exercise, vitamins, Immunocal and eating right has helped.  I am feeling some aches and pains but he thinks it is just regular old people pain….swell!  I’m not completely convinced about that but time will tell.  I will continue to reduce the prednisone 1mg a month and come back to see Dr. Shojania in July.  I’ll have monthly blood tests at home and will call him if I think things aren’t going well (if symptoms return.)  So far so good.

We have been busy doing this and that since we arrived in Kelowna.  I managed to get a few flats of flowers…what a surprise!  I found some really interesting geraniums up at the Greenery which is a local nursery that is only open for a few months in the spring.   They have a huge selection at great prices so it is worth it to bring some plants home and more for variety than for prices.  I will still buy a bit when I get home but all of that can wait.  I even found a really nice fragrant (yellow) honeysuckle vine to replace the one I killed a few years ago.  Oops…you have to be careful with Roundup!

Eric has been looking for another resin cabinet for the garage in the rig and it looks like we’ll have to order it from Sears as no one has anything he wants on the floor.  He would like a Sun Cast one just like the one that is already in the there.

He has also been looking for a new motorcycle jacket and today we got lucky.  He’d looked a few jackets at the Harley shop, Kreater’s and today Honda.  He found a nice Tour master transition jacket at Honda that is waterproof, armored, has some high viz and it was also on sale so ….Eric got a new jacket.  Yeah!  Another thing off the list.  Tomorrow he’s going to look at a used BMW so maybe Blue and Big Red will have a new friend.  Okay….that just sounds creepy, sort of like all the people with their Schmoopies! 

I’ve see one of my sisters (Anne) but will have to leave the visit with my other sister (Elisa) until I return in July.  We did have a quick chat though.

The weather here has been a bit wild over the last few days and it was really cold and snowy over Monday and Tuesday.  There was quite a bit of snow up on the hills yesterday but now today…it is lovely.  We have decided to stay one more day at this point and head home on Friday.  The weather between here and home looks like it is settling down and we may even get home without any rain.  That would be sweet. 

1 comment:

  1. Great news on the health aspect and the plants. The Greenery is a great place to shop. I go some not so great news today and am still digesting it.

    ReplyDelete