Translate

Friday, April 26, 2013

Back to Canada.

Friday April 26, 2013

We left Soap Lake at about 7:45am this morning on our way back to Canada and our first stop in Kelowna, B.C.  We only had a little over 200 miles to travel today so it was an easy day.  The weather was warm and once again….no wind!  We can hardly believe that we only hit one bad patch of wind between Twin Falls and Boise Idaho on our way home from Mexico.

We made a quick stop in Oroville, Wash. to pick up our last cheap American beer and fuel and then it was on to the border.  We never have much to declare as we don’t buy much and besides I just take tags off anything I buy and wear it.  Even so…we wouldn’t be over our limit.  The only thing I did declare this year were the two extra bottles of wine that I’d bought for my sister in law.  I thought the guy would be nice and say it was okay but the jerk made me pay duty.  I just about poured them out!  $6 for each bottle and with the $5 I’d paid for them it was close to what we pay in Canada.  That’s what I get for being honest.  Tell me how they can sell imported Australian wine in the U.S.A. for $5 and the same wine is over double that in Canada.  Doesn’t make any sense to me.  Welcome home!

We arrived in Kelowna just before 3pm and were set up in no time.  We are lucky that Eric’s brother Ian and wife Linda are so generous about letting us park in their driveway twice a year.  It’s always good to see them and we always have a good visit. 

P1040631 Our Kelowna RV spot.

P1040632

P1040633

Ian and Linda are busy working on their yard.

P1040628 Ian is power washing the deck.  He is sick and tired of staining it every year and thinks he’ll just let it go grey!

P1040629 Linda’s cleaning up the shrub border after the winter.

P1040630

The pool is being rejuvenated as the the lines into it were leaking.  It will also get a new liner and be good as new.  Not a cheap project!

After a quick walk for me we were having happy hour by 5pm. A good day.

I will get my blood tests done on Monday and see Dr.Shojania (rheumatologist) on Tuesday and hopefully everything will be okay.  I am down to 9mg. of prednisone now and am starting to notice the polymyalgia rheumatica pain at this low level.  All a bit of a struggle but for the most part things are okay.

We hope to be heading home by late in the week. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Kelowna. Good luck with you medical appts. My big one is on Wednesday, meanwhile I am dealing with hives!

    ReplyDelete