Translate

Monday, December 5, 2011

This, that and the “Green Hornet”

Dec. 5, 2011

As I promised here is a picture of the famous or maybe infamous “Green Hornet.” 

P1010791

Here is Dick “buzzing” by on the Green Hornet….that’s his rig in the background.  Looks like fun to me. 

The last couple of days have been spent shopping, doing laundry and visiting with Croft and Norma.  Since they have spent time here in Mazatlan in the past they have used this time to get organized and cleaned up before they head farther south.  They had a little liquid cow manure incident on the way here that left the passenger side of the rig a little stinky!!! …and they had to get that cleaned up. 

P1010787

Eric, Norma and Croft surveying the work to be done.

P1010788

Croft and Norma’s rig parked ahead (actually to our right) of us. 

We had a funny incident on the beach a couple of days ago.  We were watching some kayakers trying to get through the surf and beach the kayak but it didn’t go well.  They both ended up in the drink and the kayak washed up on shore.  Eric and I pulled it up a bit so it wouldn’t wash out again and at this point the husband of the duo was coming out of the water.  He yelled to me “where is this?” and I didn’t get what he meant.  He yelled it again and I replied “Mazatlan.”  and his reply was “you’re kidding right!”  I said no it was Mazatlan and he yelled to his wife “ Honey, we missed Puerto Vallarta!!”  I looked to see if they had any gear floating in the water but by this time he started laughing and I realized I’d been duped good!! Pretty quick for a guy who had just been swamped.  I said “ I wondered where your gear was”  and he laughingly said “  Have you seen us kayak!!”  As if they could even paddle that far.  Funny, reminds me of the minnow in the puddle trick…..right Rusty!! 

Eric got a little swim in on that walk when we got down to the Bruha beach by Cerritos.

P1010781 

P1010782 Here is a young Mexican twirling on his boogie board in the surf.  Much more difficult than it looks. 

P1010785

Another pretty Mazatlan sunset. 

There has been a Mexican truck up the front of the park by the road that has been selling all sorts of pottery.  Nice stuff, not junk along with statues, metal etc.  I managed to sneak up there and pick up a couple of small Mexican pots while Eric wasn’t looking and I’ll fill them with some red geraniums for the winter.  They aren’t too heavy so should be all right going home.  I always hesitate to buy anything here that I can’t use at home as most of it is too bright and doesn’t fit in my garden up north. 

It was a really windy day yesterday so much so that those of us with awnings facing the front of the park had to roll them up.  Last night we had a short happy hour at Croft and Norma’s with Rita/Sam and Carol and Richard.  At least the wind kept the “Heehees” down.  These sneaky little bugs …no-see-ums are eating us alive.  They leave a horribly itchy bite and lasts for days and days and days.  Nasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment