Translate

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Finally added Live writer and now I can add a map too!

> Mainmap

Sunday March 28, 2010

We will be leaving Yuma tomorrow and I don't know if I will have the internet everywhere I go so it was time to install Live writer. I think this will be the way to do things from now on as you don't have to be hooked up to the internet to keep up with the blog. Croft had suggested this awhile ago but I just hadn't done it. Livewire also has the map feature that Croft just added so I'll see if I can figure that out too. Spell-check is available so that is a good thing. All this technology we have to learn. Good for everyone to learn something new.

Monday March 29, 2010

We left Yuma this morning and are presently in Buckskin State Park about 11 miles north of Parker. It is right on the Colorado river and looks like it will be nice. Full hook-ups $28 a night. That's about the same as we were paying in Yuma but there is the river and new things to look at here. The site is a pull through which is always easy. We stopped just north of Quartzite in the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) Hi Jolly 14 day free area for lunch. This is different than the La Posa long-term visitor sites south of Quartzite which have water(to fill your tanks), dumpsite and garbage area. In the free sites you can stay for 14 day maximum but you must leave the site to dump and pay at the long term area or go to the pit stop in Quartzite where they will dump your tanks and fill your water for a fee. We would probably overnight there if we were passing through. We have lost our interest in boon docking (unplugged) and are hooking up where it is available. We lived pretty cheap this winter in Mexico and if we have to buck up on the way home, so be it. There is no internet here (all secured) and my AT&T phone seems not to work so I'll have to figure that out. Eric has gone off for a ride on Blue and I will go for a walk. It is 20C. at the present but may get rainy by Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. You will enjoy Live Writer, specially when you are parked without WIFI and the Muse is stirring you to write a Blog. You can write a bunch of entries, stop at a cafe with WIFI and send them all.

    ReplyDelete