Translate

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day in Mazatlan

Friday, January 1, 2010



Well it's quiet here in the park today. I think there might be a few thick heads around. Yesterday was beautiful and sunny and I finally got the laundry done. Connie followed me up to the office and suggested she could take me to the laundry. Since I had already loaded it I said maybe next time. I've never had anyone do our laundry but maybe I'll try next time.



We had some new neighbors pull in at about 6:30 on Wednesday night and Eric got to chatting with the man (Gord) yesterday morning. They are heading down to Melaque south of Puerto Vallarta and he was a wealth of information so I asked if he and his wife Donna did a blog. He said no, but his friend Croft did. Croft Randle I said, you're kidding he said as they were parked next to Croft and Norma last winter for a while in Melaque. Small world. Nice people and they left this morning to go half way some where around Rincon. They had driven 12 hours on Wednesday and then went out to eat and shop yesterday and then he came home and washed the rig. Pretty perky, puts us to shame.



We had a nice lunch at Arnoldo's (restaurant on the property) yesterday but Arnoldo wasn't there. Under the weather (who knows what kind!) I tried ordering in Spanish and didn't do too bad (only one correction) from the waitress and we did get fed. Down to the beach with our full tummy's and Eric had a swim while I just watched. Again, quite a tow down the beach and too much wind wave to make it fun. Home for some cervezas and a light supper after that big lunch and then bed.



Midnight brought fireworks which we could see through the bedroom window and the usual Happy New Years cries around us. Things were quiet until about 3:30 and then the drum machine down the street at the bar started up. No music just pounding beat until 7 in the morning. So, no walk and I admit to being cranky today. Two nights of broken sleep in one week and now we still have Friday and Saturday night. We definitely won't be here for the fiesta in February. I know it's their country and they like to party but it does get tiresome. I guess I'll have to break out the earplugs.



Eric is out on the Harley for a ride with Sam and a couple of Albertans from the back of the park. Their wives went but Rita (Sam's wife) and I stayed home. Too long of a ride for me and without air shocks Eric is worried about the topes in the small towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment