Translate

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A boat trip.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Maurice dropped by late yesterday to inform us that John's trip back to Edmonton did not go well.  His breathing deteriorated en route and the plane had to put down in Montana to get oxygen for him.  We thought this was a fully equiped Medivac plane so it is uncertain why they didn't have what they needed.  At present he is still there and we are waiting to see what happens next.

Maurice also said he spent the whole afternoon chipping hardened pelican crap out of his boat.  I don't think Pelicans are his favorite bird!  The 20 foot  boat is an old 80's fibreglass one that he has been restoring over the years.  You know, a work in progress. 


Eric and Maurice heading to the dock.


Eric & Maurice on the boat.


The "Crap" cuprit.

We set off this morning about 7:30 a:m after getting up a 6:00 a.m. and poor Eric hasn't been up at this time since he was still working  for Telus!  When we arrived at the dock it was apparent that the Pelicans had returned over night.   Another big pile of stinky Pelican crap all over the boat.  I thought Maurice was going to woof.   So, another clean-up of crap and then over to the fuel dock before we set off.  The boat is really small and has a large engine and I could tell Maurice really wanted to open it up but he took pity on me and didn't as he said  he didn't want to scare me.  He does admit to being a speed freak.  So, it was a pretty rough ride out and then we stopped to troll.  It was really hot and the boat was pitching pretty good and that along with engine smell and you guessed it........Kathy pukes!   Maurice looked a little green himself and Eric just said he was hungry!   That's just not fair.  So a short troll, no fish, a little engine trouble and back to the dock.


A view of the harbour.


While we were at the dock these iguanas were sunning themselves on the rocks.  The little ones were quite skittish but the big orange one had no fear.  I think he was posing for the picture!



                                                  Big Daddy!



A couple of the little iguanas.

|A look up the beach from the marina.

Frank dropped by this afternoon to discuss mapping on the computer and informed us there was a rumour that six tourists had been kidnapped just up the road and their vehicles stolen.  I'll have to try and verify that on the net. 

Later that day Maurice stopped by and he and Eric headed out to bring the boat home while I went for a late walk on the beach.

My walk on the beach included one of the older well dressed Mexican salesman making his pitch with wide open arms.   "Hello sweetheart I love you and you'll never have to work again!"   Me: " I don't work now!"  Him: "Good, I love you anyway and .......etc. into salespitch"  What was he selling, who knows, probably condos.  He is in shoes and I am in bare feet so I can move into the water where he won't follow.  Excellent plan.   No Gracias!!!!  People in chairs laughing and me shaking my head. 

So, home for supper and bed after a long day and I'm still a little queasy.  The weather right now is very warm as the wind has stopped and the humidity is quite high.  So far, it's warm enough for us.

We had a little Tequilla  tasting happy hour the other day over at Connie and Manny's and I got talked into cooking chile at the end of the month in a little cook-off.   Connie loves to keep something on the go and this is her latest plan.  We'll also go for lunch in a convoy on Saturday to some Hacienda out of town.  I think the others thought it would be a small party for lunch but the Tequilla had Connie inviting everyone!


The end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment