Translate

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Bocce 2015

I was trying to decide how I would post pictures for “yet another Bocce tournament.”  In the end I decided I would just take pictures of people and their Bocce ball deliveries and forget about who won!  Okay I will tell you who won but not until we get close to the end.  This is a double knock out and not sudden death and it will take a week.  I am not playing as we had an uneven amount of players so I am taking pictures and keeping score.  I did ref a game yesterday but “ that’s a lot of pressure!” 

Beyond Bocce we are still going to the beach and the Mexicans are here for their Christmas/New Year’s holidays.  Lots more families on the beach than other years and perhaps that is due to the new road from Durango.  It is really fun to watch the kids in the water.  It has been really windy and a bit cooler the last two days but they are here for vacation and into the water they go.  Brave souls!  Sorry no pictures….maybe tomorrow.  I rarely take the camera to the beach as I may go swimming and and it is really hard on the camera unless I am really careful.

Eric went for a walk on the beach yesterday and he was attacked by a Mexican Chihuahua while he was walking.  He chased it away but it kept after him so he got his flip flop out to chase it off and ….back it came.  The third time he took a swipe at it but it’s lady owner started yelling at him in Spanish.  Geez….are just you just supposed to get bitten!  Eric just kept walking.  When he returned to pick up his beach chair….it was gone!  Bound to happen at some point I guess.  However when he went up the stairs to the beach road home a Mexican was sitting on it drinking beer!  Eric said “Amigo….and pointed to himself….it’s my chair!”  Much laughter…..no hard feelings and the chair was returned. 

So….Bocce….

 IMG_1888

Helene has some grim determination going on. IMG_1890

Rocky and Connie discuss strategy. 

IMG_1891

Bill and Ursula measure….Diane says….what about that one? IMG_1893

That pink one on the left is rolling but it doesn’t make it. IMG_1894

Always a crowd watching.  IMG_1895

Sam shoots….Diane and Max watch. IMG_1896

Bill is always deadly.  IMG_1897

Rita’s ball is in the air.  IMG_1898

Dennis has a really fancy delivery.    

IMG_1902

This is Nancy’s first try at Bocce and she has the knack for it….Sandi is blotting her nose as she ran into her bird feeder and is bleeding. IMG_1903

Sandi is a good, and consistent player.  Wish I could be that accurate!IMG_1904

Richard hits the mark.  He and Sandi already have three wins by day two.

IMG_1906

Manny has a really soft delivery and is always close to the pin. IMG_1907

Carol shoots like I do low and like a bowler. 

IMG_1909

Ursula (in the foreground) is always helping whoever is reffing.  IMG_1910

Diane tries really hard. IMG_1911

Ursula shoots.  IMG_1912

Marilyn gives it her all. IMG_1913

Frank uses the ….loft it in the air delivery….doesn’t work for me. IMG_1914

Dick has a really high delivery too….and it works.  IMG_1916

So….what now?IMG_1917

Val, Dennis and Rocky watch.

 IMG_1919

Eddy hopes he made a good shot.

We were finished by noon and tomorrow is another day.

So….end of day two.

1 comment:

  1. Loved your comments on the pics - reminded me of years ago when I played tennis - social of course but the attitude was we were "playing for sheep stations" LOL Have a good game....cheers

    ReplyDelete