Translate

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas Dinner with friends.

Christmas dinner was hosted by Marilyn and Dennis once again this year.  We all arrived for happy hour at our usual 4pm.

I think Frank is showing Dennis Google Lens to see if they can figure out what the symbols are on the oven in Marilyn and Dennis's condo.  No words, just symbols. 

Marilyn and Sandi. 

Dinner is served.  

Doesn't that look lovely...even a Roche Ferrer chocolate each. 

Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn casserole ,broccoli mandarin salad and baked beans. No one was going to go hungry!

Doesn't that look yummy.  Dennis couldn't believe I would eat the turkey's " Parson's Nose!"  He said he didn't know anyone who would eat it....now he does!  In my family Dad always ate it so I do too. 

The happy group.  I must remember to get someone to take a picture with me in it!  The meal was delicious and Sandi brought the corn casserole and I brought Elsie's potatoes (cream cheese and sour cream in them) and butter on top.  I made broccoli salad with mandarin oranges, red onion, fresh mushrooms, bacon and nuts.  Always a winner from the Best of Bridge.  Marilyn cooked the turkey to perfection, made stuffing, gravy and baked beans so it was a meal fit for a king.  For dessert she served  oreo cheesecake cupcakes.  We were luckier than many families because we got to spend Christmas with good friends.  Merry Christmas all! 

 

1 comment: