Translate

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Feb. 7th Ladies Lunch at La Catrina with Trudy



Off for ladies lunch to La Catrina.  At this point I wasn't feeling very well but Trudy was leaving the next day so off we went.  La Catrina is a popular night spot but I've never been there before because...I don't go out at night!
Heading in. 
Today Connie joined us. 
The first thing we found out was that the kitchen wasn't open until 1pm and as it was only noon we had a while to wait.  Drinks for all!
A good sized group this day and on the left the pony tail belongs to Karin one of our travelling German friends.  We've all know her and Klaus for years....nice people. 
My choice today was a tortilla salad with the deep fried tortilla for a bowl.  I didn't do a very good job of eating it all but ....I tried.
As this was a while ago I'm struggling to remember what the meals were.  This obviously has some shrimp.
Spagetti.
Beef on a bun.
Some sort of stew with lots of vegetables.
Now that looks yummy.

Trudy with her lunch. She has a good appetite for such a little woman and never complains about the food...a perfect guest.
The La Catrina statue.  Part of the whole day of the dead thing.  Lots of people really like them...I don't!

A good time was had by all and the food was good.  I didn't eat much as my cough was disappearing my appetite.  From this point on I was sick for three weeks and by the next Wednesday I ended up on heavy duty antibiotics which made me nauseous and dizzy.  At this point Eric was sick as well so we ended up being sickos together.  This was the sickest that I remember being for a very long time and as it settled in my lungs which are not usually a problem it was all a bit scary. 

Trudy left for home the next day taking the cold with her which was a real shame as she was leaving for Cuba a week after she got home.  She said she drank tea, slept and rested and by the end of the week was good enough to travel.  We had a great time together and it was really nice to have her visit. 

2 comments:

  1. I always wondered about La Catrina. Food looks good Maybe next year we'll try it but not late - too much noise.
    Sorry you were so sick. Glad you are better. This year we made it through with just mild colds - thank goodness. Really like the RV park this year. When are you heading north?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heading north some time in the beginning of April. Moteling so we won't be dawdling.

      Delete