Translate

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Ladies Lunch at Lucky B's


Today was an easy lunch.  On the bus at 11:30 and into the Golden Zone where we got off the bus at Panama and had a short walk down to Lucky B's.  

Here we are getting ready to order.  Lucky B's prides itself on informative, attentive and personalized service.  Our waiter has been here ever since we started coming and ....he's good at what he does.  They do try to memorize all the names of their customers as well.  Not that's a trick!
 I had a pina colada today....what a surprise!  It was good and made like a slushy so I got a chest freeze when I took a slurp.  They offered a shrimp taco special today that included a beer or a small mixed drink.  Robyn and Connie are perusing their choices. 

 The happy group with their drinks waiting for lunch.  It is always noisy here as there are lots of people and it's right on the street.  Someone said " We should ask them to turn down the music" and I said " What music?"  it was so loud I didn't even hear it!  I think I have been desensitized to loud noise over the winter because of all the construction racket.  Last night at bingo it was hugely noisy and it didn't even bother me.  Hey...maybe I'm becoming Mexicanized! 
   
 Robyn took a picture so I could be in it...thanks! 
 Tacos with rice and beans.
 Ruth had tuna carpaccio which is raw tuna marinated in some sort of an acid such as lime juice with spices.  Very good.
 Robyn had the shrimp burger which she said was a bit too salty.
 I thought Ruth's tuna carpaccio matched her shirt and her pink streaked hair!
 I tried fish and chips and it was good but not great.  Lots of big pieces of dorado but the batter was a bit greasy.  I asked them to add coleslaw which they charged me 25 pesos for.  The tartar sauce was more like a pickle relish.
 Shrimp tacos with a hot dipping broth.
 Tacos seemed to be the lunch of choice today and you could order three different kinds if you wished as long as it wasn't the special which had to be the same kind.

Everyone had a blab and a tasty meal . The food here is always good and I usually order the Lucky B's chicken or fish which I would have enjoyed more than the fish and chips....next time. 
I wandered off by myself to get a couple of watch batteries changed and  have a look through Michael's Gallery.  I hadn't been in there for a couple of years and it's always worth a look.  Above you can see one of the new construction projects.  This one is being built where the old Dairy Queen used to be.  Towers, towers and more towers.  Mazatlan is experiencing a construction boom.  

Nest week.  ?


No comments:

Post a Comment