Translate

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Ladies lunch at Fish….and then off to the beach.

Today’s venue was Fish which is supposed to have the best clam chowder in Mazatlan as well as 55 peso margaritas any day and time of the week and will be a new addition to our list of places we have eaten.   The restaurant opens at noon and is located behind Mary’s in the Golden Zone across from the Costa de Oro. 

P1000312

A smaller crowd today just 9 or 10 of us. 

P1000313

Without me…Cathy, Robyn, Leslie, Edna, Sandi, Pat, Eddie, and Ruth. 

P1000315

Same picture….with me.

P1000316

In the end there was ten of us.  We were seated outside and the music was playing and there was considerable street noise as well as our chatter.  You can eat inside if you wish. 

P1000317

Not sure what kind of story Edna is telling but Sandi and Cathy were intently listening.

P1000318

Ruth had the ladies behind us draw for next weeks lunch venue.  Angelina’s Kitchen which is a favorite but not a new restaurant to us. 

P1000319

So…the clam chowder.  This is a cup which some people ordered so they could then share an entree.

P1000320

I decided to order the mahi (dorado) sandwich and skip the chowder which I will try at another time.  The sandwich was very good as were the fries but I did discard over half of the ciabatta bun as it was just too much bread. 

P1000321

Ruth had the medium bowl.  Not sure what the expression was about.

P1000322

Deep fried fish and yam fries which were shared after the small bowl of clam chowder.

P1000323

Looks very good.

Well what did we think.  Clam chowder was a big hit as was the fish and chips.  There were a few tacos which I missed taking pictures of that were good as well.  Our waiter was very pleasant but new and I found the service very slow.  To be fair he was the only one serving outside except for the owner who was helping out and we were a big group.  Cost was reasonable and food very good.  Worth another trip back at any time and it also has very good reviews.  Leslie was smart as she ordered a medium bowl of chowder to go for her husband’s dinner.  We are always full after a big lunch but…the men still have to eat!

IMG_1943

Home by 2:30 and off to the beach for some quiet time.  Too rough for me to swim but always lovely to sit and read. 

IMG_1945

Looking south.

IMG_1946

The little shore birds were all in a row waiting for something to show up that they could eat. 

IMG_1947

Eric decided to take his walk south instead of north.  He walks every afternoon while I usually sit and read.  I walk in the morning and by this time of day I am tired. 

IMG_1949

Looking north.  Not a huge amount of people on the beach which suits us just fine.  It is incredibly noisy in the park with all the construction and the beach is a welcome break. 

These pictures were taken with my older Canon with the scratched lens.  I will take this camera to the beach and on motorcycle rides and save the new Panasonic for everything else.  To be truthful I still like the Canon better as it is a little smaller and quicker to start but….I’ll reassess later after I’ve used the Panasonic more. 

2 comments:

  1. Did anyone try the margaritas? I am always looking for a good margarita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and they were good...the price was right too!

    ReplyDelete