Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Haircut & Pedi at Gaby’s, rain on cards day and John & Jeri head south.

I have been very lax with the blog.  Small things have been going on and I just haven’t felt the urge to keep up with my posts.  Not sure why but…here goes.  This is Tuesday and Wednesday of this week…sort of!

P1000301

I bought some large frozen shrimp that were caught in Guaymas when I was in San Carlos and some times the larger ones can be tough.  Not these!  I did poach them first (salted water to a boil, take it off the heat, drop in the shrimp and leave them 3 minutes) and then I put them on top of a spicy pepper stir fry over rice…delicious. 

P1000303

Eric has his bicycle all torn apart here and is truing the back wheel.  He’s also been have problems with flat tires and some of that is due to modifications that the previous owner made when he drilled the rims for Schraeder valve stems.  The tubes have been getting a hole at the base of the valve stem.  These are super heavy tubes so that really shouldn’t happen.  

P1000304

Always something to work on.

Next up a haircut and pedicure at Gaby’s Beauty shop.  I like to have this done on a Tuesday morning because I play cards in the afternoon and I can’t go to the beach when the polish on my toes isn’t completely dry so it all works out. 

20181127_084427

It’s Tuesday morning just before 9am and I’m heading in towards the shop. 

20181127_084550

The shop is usually busy, busy and today is no exception.

20181127_084559

That’s Rosie the owner in the middle overseeing some appointment making.

20181127_093629

Anyone can get a haircut and pedicure here…even the men.  That’s Lupita working on my feet.

20181127_100301

The place is packed at this point and I tried to get a picture of the little girl sitting next to her mother on the right.  She was about 5 and looked totally overwhelmed. 

So…my hair was cut by Rosie first and then Lupita cleaned up my feet.  I have two hairdressers….Terri at home and Rosie here in Mazatlan.  The cost for my haircut and pedicure was 290 pesos…plus a 50 peso tip for each service so ….about $27 Canadian.  At home this would cost me at least $90.  Bueno!

P1000305

It’s now Tuesday afternoon and we are playing cards up front.  The weather forcast was for rain to start around 3pm. 

P1000306

By 2 it had started to spit and then we got a really good downpour. 

P1000307

Everyone has gotten up to move the tables back away from the edge so they wouldn’t get drenched.  Here you can see Ruth, Robyn, Wendy and Jeri who all played at one table.

P1000308

Leslie to the left, who partnered with Sandi, who has her back to us and Wendy standing who was my partner.  Leslie and Sandi whopped us and on the last hand we didn’t even count.  Better luck next week.  We play hand and foot which is some form of canasta. 

P1000309

This is Wednesday morning and it rained pretty good over night. I took the opportunity to wash the truck since it was cloudy and besides my runners were under the RV and they got wet so I couldn’t do my morning walk.   That’s John packing up the last of their stuff in preparation for their trip south.

P1000310

Still looks pretty stormy. 

P1000311

John and Jeri hit the road.  They are taking the RV south to Bucerious (just north of Puerto Vallarta) where it will stay.  It has been sold and on Friday John and Jeri will head home.  They will spend the night in Mazatlan before heading on to Phoenix.  They may come down next year and stay for a few weeks in a condo but no more RVing. 

Things that happened that I didn’t blog.  Last Thursday was American Thanksgiving and I and a few others went up to the Last Drop to play bingo.  It was cancelled after we got there as the bingo caller cancelled at the last minute.  Friday I was off downtown to get bread and ballet tickets for the Nutcracker.  Saturday I played cards again and Sunday was laundry day.  I wash the clothes up front and then hang them on the line at the back of the park.  Sunday is my day of choice because the construction workers have the day off and there is no dust.  Monday was a good beach day as Eric and I both got a swim.  The waves weren’t too rough and the water was warm. 

So….it was a busy week and as my tummy has been off I guess that’s why I’m so tired.  People ask what on earth we do all winter when we are south ….well lots! 

2 comments: