Translate

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Agatha for Ladies Lunch

I’m not sure if you noticed but there was no ladies lunch last week.  Last Wednesday was a rainy day and we had started out with a destination of the Bruja restaurant.   That didn’t thrill most of us so we changed it to Agatha but then almost everyone dropped out for one reason or another.  So….cancelled due to lack of enthusiasm! 

Today we were back on track and we were off to the Agatha restaurant which is on Playa Gaviotas in the south end of the GoldenZone/Hotel Zone. 

IMG_9071

There are nine of us today and we’re just waiting for Sharen who is wearing a boot for her torn achilles tendon.  She says it’s pretty good now but she’s being a good girl and wearing the boot. 

IMG_9072

We got off the bus a little south of where we wanted  as the bus driver wasn’t real co-operative but we all have legs and are capable of walking….even Sharen.  I do note as I travel the buses the amount of people who can hardly walk and can barely get on and off the buses.  Size does’t seem to be the issue just….inactivity!  Use it or lose it!  Yes I know some people have health and mobility issues but that isn’t the case for everyone. 

IMG_9093

This is a newish looking restaurant that the “ Travelling Lunch Ladies” have never eaten at.  I believe this was Marilyn’s suggestion and it turned out to be a good one.

IMG_9073

We are eating on the front patio as it was a bit warm inside.  They’d just opened the door at 1pm so the A/C hadn’t kicked in yet.

  IMG_9092

The interior is very modern and tastefully decorated.  The washroom was beautiful and spotless which is always nice to see. 

IMG_9074

This restaurant has a very Asian influence to the menu.  The prices are a little bit above average but not out of line for a good restaurant.  The service was quick, professional and attentive.

IMG_9075

I’m sitting with Ruth, Cathy, Marilyn and Jeannette.

IMG_9076

         IMG_9077

The inside of the menu had a description of Agatha and her origins.

IMG_9078

Ruth had a caesar and I had my usual pina colada.  It is one of the best ones I’ve ever tasted.  More fruity than coconutty!

While we waited for lunch we were served a bowl of warm bread with what appeared to be small pieces of olive in it.  There was a pesto of garlic, oil and olives to be used as a spread and it was a perfect appetizer.  Very nice. 

IMG_9079

Here is one of the Asian choices.  Ruth and Cathy shared two dishes and you can see some of Cathy’s tuna on top of Ruth’s sushi rolls.

IMG_9080

Some dishes were on the other table and I don’t know exactly what they are. Obviously some sort of sushi….right!

IMG_9081

Ribs and onion rings to share for Marilyn and Jeannette. 

IMG_9082

This looks like a pork shank….perhaps and it’s in front of Janice.

IMG_9083

Now this looks delicious and it’s sitting in front of Sue. 

IMG_9084

These are Connie’s tacos Gobernador.  They are a shrimp taco with bell peppers, onions, cheese etc. 

IMG_9070

Funny enough I had made shrimp tacos the night before with mexican rice and salad.  I had onions, poblano peppers and salsa in mine so I guess they are Tacos Gobernador a la Kathy!  Funny, and yes they were delicious.

IMG_9085

This roasted cauliflower was also in front of Sue but I’m guessing she was sharing it.

IMG_9086

Connie, Sue, Janice, Pat, Robyn and Sharen.  Everyone looks pretty happy!

IMG_9087

Both Sharen and Robyn had these ….and it looks to be salmon sushi slices.

IMG_9088

This is Pat’s clam chowder.  After the meal she said it was the best clam chowder she’d ever eaten.  Now Pat is a really good cook so that is saying alot.

IMG_9089

My tuna a la plancha with tempura vegetables.  The tempura was excellent and the tuna was good but not the best I have ever eaten.  I think I will have to give that honour to the Water’s Edge where I had it a few years ago although Hector’s was also very good.  Both of these restaurants served it in a steak which was cooked a little bit more but very tender and juicy so maybe it’s the style of cooking I prefer. 

IMG_9090

When I finished there wasn’t anything left on my plate!

IMG_9094

The meal is over and everyone is going their separate ways.  The consensus was that this was an excellent choice for lunch.  Not a place to drop in for a quick bite but a place to stop and enjoy the atmosphere, good service and a lovely dining experience.  Thumbs up!

Janice, Cathy, Marilyn, Pat and I wandered down to the Designer’s Bazaar to shop and I think almost everyone left with a purchase.  I did buy a nice white top that is a little different than others I have seen.  This shop has a good variety of clothes, jewellery etc. 

IMG_9095

As we walked back up the street I noted this tourist attraction which I believe is some sort of a climbing tower or maybe it’s just a glorified treehouse….I don’t really know!

IMG_9096

The hotels are on the left along the water and it’s a pretty street to wander along.

IMG_9097

The hydro crew had the sidewalk blocked a bit as they were pulling electrical cable down the street and into manholes etc.  Always something going on. 

At this point we stopped in at another shop but we were all too tired and hot as it was already 4pm so it was off to the bus and home.  Dangerously close to happy hour! 

A good afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I think that you tuna looks great. It is one of my favorites and those veggies were the perfect compliment to the meal. Nice that you are doing those lunches.

    ReplyDelete