Translate

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Chayito for Ladies’ lunch

This is a family owned restaurant that has been in business since 1987…that’s 30 years so they must be doing something right.

Nine of us for lunch today and not too far to go.  We hopped onto a Cerritos Juarez bus to take us to lunch.  It was an old, beat up,  9 peso a ride bus that turns off before the malecon.  Didn’t matter because we weren’t going downtown today….just into the beginning of the Golden Zone.

IMG_8855

Mexican Regional Food Sinaloa Style says their sign.  This restaurant is Janice’s choice and she is with us today.

IMG_8856

We arrived at about 11:45 and lunch isn’t served until 12 so what could we do while we waited…well…a cocktail would take up a little time! 

IMG_8857

We chat while the drinks arrive.  From the left Sandi, Marilyn, Sharen, Janice, Nancy, Jeannette, Bonnie, Pam and the empty chair is me.  This is a very large restaurant and while we waited a Mexican party of 13 came in to eat.  No problem.

                       IMG_8858

I ordered tortilla soup and a shrimp Chimichanga.  The soup arrived first and it was a …make it any way you want deal.  A small teakettle of very hot broth and all the fixings on the side. 

                   IMG_8859

Kind of funny expression on my face but I was trying to pour and not spill it on myself!  I like the concept of do it yourself and it was very good. 

IMG_8860

The food arrived in very short order and I took the opportunity to get a picture. 

IMG_8861

The young waiter had tried to bob into the picture above and missed so ….I gave him his own photo op! 

IMG_8862

Sharen has tacos.

IMG_8863

Sandi had beef tacos.

IMG_8864

Bonnie had the chicken molcajete and that is not a shadow from my camera, that is steam!   It was bubbling and boiling hot, hot, hot!  She ate almost all of it and said it was very good. 

IMG_8865

Jeannette’s burger….with a bite out of it!

IMG_8866

Marilyn’s enchiladas.

IMG_8867

I would guess that is a beef arrechera plate….looks good. 

IMG_8868

We are all eating and in the end my tortilla soup and or shrimp Chimichanga would have been enough.  I thought the soup would be smaller and I couldn’t finish all of it or all of the Chimichanga.  I’d always wanted to try a Chimichanga….maybe I just like the sound of the name!

IMG_8869

And now for the yummy in house desserts.  The waiter (family owner?) was very personable and when he saw I hadn’t finished my food he said “ You have to stay until you eat it all!”  I pouted a bit and he let me go!  But….no dessert for me.   Everyone else was full too but quite a few take out desserts went home for husbands.  Isn’t that nice. 

IMG_8870

I told Sandi that she should get the waiter to pull the ticket for next weeks choice of a ladies’ lunch restaurant and it turned out to be the “ Mr. Lionso Playa Bruja.”  It is located on the beach at the end of the road at Cerritos so that really isn’t far to go.  

I told our waiter that we were the “ travelling lunch ladies” and his restaurant was going to get a great review on my blog.  He was happy with that. 

Good service, good food, good prices and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.  Thanks for including this restaurant Janice. 

And now for….a little shopping!  Some of us headed along the street and some of us hopped the bus home.  I followed along shopping as I wanted to get a Carnival T-shirt from the Pacific Pearl which is located just north of Chayito.  We stopped there and a few t-shirts were bought and then onward to pick up this and that….here and there.  By 3pm we were done and on the bus home. 

A really nice afternoon with friends. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great place. What great dishes! I'm going there next time I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete