Translate

Friday, March 15, 2013

The camera has been cleaned!

Friday March 15, 2013

This morning  it was time to get back on the bus to go pick up the camera that I left downtown on Wednesday.  No walk  today because I was just too tired.

There was a little sprinkle of rain over night…first rain in a long while.

First things first though…..yesterday was a busy day.  I hosed off the truck before I went for my walk and then when I got back Eric decided to start washing the rig.  He got up on the roof to wash it first and it was ….muchos filthy.  Since I didn’t need to help with that I went inside to vacuum and wash the floors.   After lunch I went up to the office to play a little Hand & Foot (card game) with Jeanette, Laurie and Sandi and then it was time for Happy Hour.  And….last but not least off to the Last Drop at Cerritos for Bingo.  Are you getting exhausted….me too!  No wonder I was tired. But guess what…I won at bingo last night, second game on a black out and the payout was a whopping 690 peso’s….biggest one ever……I’m rich!  Well not quite if you count paying for bingo, dinner and beer but it was still nice to win. 

Before I hopped on the bus I said goodbye to Frank/Sandi/Dennis & Marilyn as they were leaving this morning and left Eric behind to continue washing the rig while I headed downtown. 

The camera was ready when I got there and the owner and I discussed “la raina” or sand which was on the sensor and around the zoom as well.  He explained that I need to keep it in a “bolsa” or bag and I do know that.  I carry it on the bike and have it open while we are travelling so that is part of the problem.  The good news is that it cost 250 peso’s (about $20) to clean and I think I’ll just have it done each year.  It should extend the life of the camera. 

P1040141

This is where fellow blogger Contessa  told me to take the camera and I would recommend it for a camera repair or cleaning if you need it.  http://www.contessajewall.com/ Contesssa blogs from Stone Island here in Mazatlan.  Croft pointed out my problem with the camera http://croftsmexico.blogspot.mx/ and both blogs are an interesting read.  Thanks guys!

I wandered back to the Mercado or main market and took these pictures just to make sure all was well with the camera.

P1040137 

P1040136

The church and it’s square just south of the Mercado.

I did pop into a Senor Frog’s (very touristy!) and picked up a couple of things for the grandchildren and then it was on to the the fabric store just behind the Mercado.  Fabric stores here in Mazatlan are a big deal and there are many of them and I find them really fascinating as a long time sewer.   Rows and rows of fabric that is dirt cheap…notions (lace, ribbon, elastic etc.) and a wall of thread.  I feel like a kid in a candy shop and….I just had to buy something.

P1040138

Ribbon, lace etc.

P1040140

Fabric of every kind as far as the eye can see!

P1040139

This young mother had her toddler on the counter and her little boy (maybe 2 1/2 or 3) disappeared out the main door of the fabric store.  She kept calling “aqui” or here but he kept going.  She didn’t panic even though I was watching and getting worried since there were buses and taxis all over the place.  She kept watching him and it was soon clear what his mission was.  He stood at the edge of the side walk which had a two foot drop and …..had a pee!  When a guy’s gotta go a guys gotta go.  In case I haven’t mentioned it before….men peeing where ever they feel like it here in Mexico is no big deal.  No washrooms everywhere so they just pee where ever.  Doesn’t smell too great but that’s the way it is.  No….I didn’t take his picture….a guy needs a little dignity!

I did buy six meters of a heavy sheer fabric to make an outside sun cover for our south facing window at home.  Cost about $12! 

Back on the big green bus and home. 

Eric had taken a break for lunch and then it was back to washing as it was cloudy and a great time to get it done.  I cleaned the windows as they had water spots and then the rig was pretty spiffy except for the grackle bird poop that won’t come off. 

Late afternoon and time to head to the beach to sit in the sun and watch the waves.  Eric even got a short swim in ….he said it was really refreshing which was good as it was a really humid day. 

Tomorrow we’ll take a bike ride and then it’s Taco night at John & Jeri’s.  The last Hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. The repair guy told me it was dust and to keep it in a bag which I now do. Looks like your camera is working great now. Cute story about the kid having to pee. I was in the same fabric store a few weeks ago to buy material for our dining room chairs and to cover a window seat. Just love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great price and your photos are now dust free! Better than buying a new camera. I will have to take mine in for a cleaning next year.

    ReplyDelete