Translate

Friday, December 17, 2010

The weather is still strange.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Every day when I wake up to go walking I am faced with fog.  We didn’t have fog once last year but apparently La Nina has happened.  The ocean temp. is cold, the air is warm and we have sea fog….mixed with some air pollution.  There are no fish because the ocean is  too cold and we also haven’t seen any sea gulls.  No fish, no sea gulls.  So, not much beach time or swimming . 

We are happy to have the vegetable truck show up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Not as cheap as the markets but oh so convenient.

P1000293

That’s Claire shopping from the truck.  Eric wonders how everything doesn’t fly out of the truck when he bangs over the topes!

I have my Christmas lights up now.  I snuck a couple of  strands into the rig and now have them twined like a barber pole around a light pole.  I have also  added a few potted plants (geraniums, a rose and a “ red pointed setter!)  Very festive.  As we put up our awning and privacy screen this year it looks like we are staying for a while. 

My Christmas presents are bought and wrapped and the Salvation orphans  will come on the 23rd to sing for us and get their gifts.  This year we had to buy for  boys (11 and 7) so we’ll see how I did.  Soccer ball, tee-shirt, truck and hot wheels… what the heck do I know about boys.  Sisters, nieces, daughters and grand daughters  (okay 1 grandson) so not much expertise with boys. 

We will have our Christmas dinner on the 25th this year.  Felipe and his family will join us and we will have fresh turkeys this time.  Everyone is signing up for different dishes to cook so it should be fun.  I’m hanging back and will fill in with what ever is missing. 

Monday night was a  get together appetizer night.  I brought a piece of son-in-law Wade’s smoked salmon and it was a hit.  I dole it out slowly because I don’t have much with us. It was really good and next year I will try to bring more if Wade is generous enough to give me some.  Thanks Wade!

I also finally  managed to finally get the wash in on Monday because it took two days to dry.  Very humid.

Last night Hal came over to tell us that he and Helene were having Mark and Claire over for dinner and a music night.  He explained that it was a Russian/Romanian?  band that they all liked and that they were going to watch a video of the band together.  It would be outside and a bit loud.  No problemo.  In the end Eric and I said it sounded like the Bolshevik revolution being played loud and fast.  The fellow parked next to Hal and Helene is from Alberta but Romanian and he really liked it!  They all had fun.  How odd is it that two couples would like such an obscure band! 

Mark and Claire have been here longer than they expected as the replacement motorcycle tires they thought they would get here only half happened. They got two, but not four.   Mark has been working on the motorcycles steady while they are here  taking this opportunity to get as much done as possible.  The people in the park have really enjoyed getting to know them  and everyone has been chatting .  They have managed to get out and about a bit and also since there are so many people with information about travelling south I think they have gathered useful information.  Hope so. 

Tomorrow is Thursday.  Hand and foot card game at 1pm.  Friday at 8am some of us will head into town on the bus and them climb up to El Farro (the light house.)  We did it last year a couple of times but it is still fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment