Translate

Friday, December 10, 2010

We feel very busy!

Friday, December 10, 2010

On Wednesday Eric and I drove down to the Gold Zone so  I could make an appointment at Gaby’s for a haircut and a pedicure.  Took us a bit to find it as the road is under construction.  In the end Eric had to park in a no parking zone (only a suggestion) and  put on his four way flashers while he waited for me.  Seems not to be a problem here, park where you want, go what speed you want and the Mexicans will just go around you and don’t seem irritated by it.  I guess they are just used to it.

In the afternoon Eric went down to the beach for a swim and a little fishing. It has been too cold for me so I haven’t been in the water and haven’t even been sitting on the beach.  Different from last year.  I amused myself by washing the truck although it won’t matter much as it will be covered in dust in a day or so.  Oh well!

On Thursday I did play cards (Hand and Foot) with Sarah, Pat, Connie and Lori from our park as well as  Glenda who came up from Cerritos.  It was fun and I learned more this time as everyone was very patient.  We played in two teams of three and Pat, Lori and I won.  Nice, but winning isn’t that much of a big deal to me.  However, Sarah mentioned that I was pretty competitive last winter when I did Wii bowling!  I’d spent the morning baking banana loaf so it was good to sit down for a while. 

This morning I went up to the office and Helene and Sandi were in there cutting out material on the big tables.  A quilting bee!  Sandi is doing a quilt from scratch for a friend of her daughters.  It seems the friends aunt was going to make this quilt but died before it got underway so Sandi volunteered to do it.  Sandi thought she was completing a project but it turns out she is doing it from the ground up.  A big project.  Helene is also working on a quilt too so it is all quite interesting.

P1000227_edited-1

P1000228_edited-1

P1000229_edited-1

Good job ladies. 

P.S.

I decided to add these later quilting pictures to this post so they would all be together.

P1000506

P1000508

P1000507

The above three pictures are of Sandi’s quilt as it progresses to completion.

P1000347 P1000346

P1000345

Helene sitting outside in the sun finishing off her quilt as well. 

When I got back to the rig Manny and Connie rolled by in Manny’ black 1965 Beetle.  Manny says he’s going to get it painted while he’s here in Mazatlan. 

P1000231

P1000232

What a cute couple!

They were off to Sam’s Cub to do some shopping for a Sunday spaghetti night.  As I said I’d never been in Sam’s Club  Manny said I should jump in and come along to have a look so I did.  First stop was to get a collar and dog tag for the little Chihuahua from up the street.  Manny had  decided that if the little guy got  lost again he should have a tag so he could be returned to his owner.  He had their local vet make one up so he could give it to “Bailey’s” owner.  A nice thought. 

We continued on our way and it was fun.  Off to the Banco and then Sam’s Club.  Connie got money from the ATM machine at the bank.  I usually just get it from the ATM at Soriana’s which is an HSBC machine and have never had a problem.  However, John at the back of the park asked for 10,000 pesos a couple of days ago and it said it gave it to him but it didn’t!  He’s still working on that.  Muchos problemo!

It was interesting to see Sam’s Club and it is just like a big Costco at home.  Big quantities but lots of stuff that I would buy.  If I want to go I can borrow a card from Manny and Connie or Frank and Sandi.  The longer we are here the more we find out.  All good.

After Sam’s club it was Mega and then Henderson’s for meat.  I’d never been to Henderson’s either but the meat is apparently very good so that’s another place to put on the list. 

Tomorrow it is the ballet so I’d better rest up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment