Translate

Sunday, July 16, 2023

The Garden in summer...or...where is Kathy!

 A glimpse into my summertime passion.  The garden is old...like me, all perrenial and includes lots of wild vegetation.  It's been hot, dry and sunny since we got home in May and since I have water everything is thriving.  The garden has evolved over the years...as have I.  There is always something blooming from early spring until late fall but the only colour explosion is the daylilies or hemerocallis.  There are no annuls except in baskets.  I rely mostly on leaf color, leaf shape and shades of green for the garden style.  I am extremely fortunate to have all the wild plants mixed in.  My lawns are just "eco" lawns or...grass, moss and weeds😁 


Always...the edging!


A favorite.."Veronica Royal Candles."










Canadian Mountie...beautiful deep red!



Lavatera in pink...perrenial but not in Terrace although it could self seed.


Haven't seen any pileated Woodpeckers for awhile but these two stopped by! Huge!




The voles really pruned my creeping thyme last winter😔

Mostly wild with a Full Moon Maple and a couple of tame blueberry bushes.

The garden workhorse and my favorite plant...hosta!


Tiny creeping plants.




Hosta..Blue Cadet flowers profusely!



A pink delphinium with blue echinops or globe thistle.  The bees love the globe thistle!
Yes, I do grow vegetables and the zucchini are thriving.




All that open ground used to be vegetables.  



Part of the woodland mixed with perrenials.

So...this is me and my summer passion😊


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always. It still boggles my mind, how much gardens you have and that you keep up with them, year after year. Congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful walk through your garden with you. I love the Day-lilies; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for walking with me...usually I'm on my knees praying to the God of weeds to be kind to me!

      Delete
  3. All I can say is WOW! What an absolutely amazing yard. I can certainly tell it’s your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m not sure why that came up anonymous. It’s Diane Hill😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. I miss all the greenery from when we lived in Indiana. Now we have rocks. But with the high temps here that is all that will thrive. Over two weeks of 110 - 117. Enough. Enjoy your plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our hot (for Terrace) weather has broken so we're getting a bit of moisture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rivals Boutchard gardens in Victoria. So beautiful, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete